Author Topic: 0.3.0.13 First Bugs  (Read 3492 times)

madmax_2069

(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2006, 02:46:53 am »
i do hope that it wont run slower than the other version. and i do hope that OS X 10.2.8 will still be supported down the road cause i do have a Beige G3 . i use to be able to run it on a G3 266 it was slow but it ran i bought a G3 450mhz cpu OCed at 466 and i wanted to test it out and had to update to the new version and it wouldent start . i am trying tp update again.

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2006, 07:23:03 am »
If you\'re updating through the updater application, I suggest you read the Mac Client Status sticky. The binaries are not in the repository yet, so that won\'t work. :P
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator
In-Game Roleplay Forum Moderator
Please search and skim existing threads before posting!

Optagon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
To enter the sewers
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2006, 10:54:05 am »
Hello, this is my first post.
I had also the same problem that cannot enter  the sewers.
I asked at IRC about it, and have solved the problem.
Download the linked file directory and put the downloaded file in data folder.
i also on mac and now i can play in the sewers.
but error occurs when i exit from another entrance of sewers.
have fun.
only zoneinfo.xml is needed

http://www.psmirror.org/psupdater/data/data/zoneinfo.xml

Hassan i Sabbah

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2006, 10:23:29 pm »
Originally posted by Optagon
Hello, this is my first post.
I had also the same problem that cannot enter  the sewers.
I asked at IRC about it, and have solved the problem.
Download the linked file directory and put the downloaded file in data folder.
i also on mac and now i can play in the sewers.
but error occurs when i exit from another entrance of sewers.
have fun.
only zoneinfo.xml is needed

http://www.psmirror.org/psupdater/data/data/zoneinfo.xml

The link seems broken... :(
Anyone has info on the subject?

edit: neverminid what i said, the link works and the file fixed the problem. shouldn\'t it be added to the distro?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 11:52:31 am by Hassan i Sabbah »

Iridena

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2006, 02:29:01 am »
1. Ok, I used that zonefile, but the sewers are in darkness. I don\'t know how to use the relight map in the pssetup. I haven\'t encountered any other
bugs and I can finally see the textures in the Ojaveda road and the Deathrealm.
2. Also how do I use fullbright on the mac? Do I set it in the game via the right click on shortcuts?
3. How do I modify the shortcuts? I only have four. In the PS file under data
and options, there are 2 shortcut xml but one has def on the end which has all the shortcuts from before.
I hope this wasn\'t too long.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 02:47:37 am by Iridena »
"When the science of man attempts to step beyond the
mortal realm, its mortality will be the most likely price for
such knowledge."Midknight

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2006, 11:23:55 am »
To use -fullbright, you need to run from the command line or use my PSClientCMD application (look in the Guide sticky, at the end of the first post).

If you have a two-button mouse, you can just right-click on a shortcut in-game to modify it. If not, you need to edit the file without the \"def\" on the end. :)
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator

Optagon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2006, 12:38:22 pm »
Link to the Guid Sticky - Read it carefuly.
Yea, the Updater.jar worked fine.
I haven\'t tried starting PlaneShift from Terminal with \"-fullbright\" yet.
I\'ll try it later.

http://www.planeshift3d.com/wbboard/thread.php?threadid=14416&boardid=32

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2006, 02:44:52 pm »
The psclient from Updater.jar worked? If so, they must have updated the repository... are you sure it\'s working?
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator

Aznakh

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2006, 04:06:30 pm »
Interesting ... if they updated the repositories, dfryer or the other people of the dev team should know about it.
I wonder wether I can replace the .cfg files I modified by the original ones which are in the PS .dmg file to fix the issue of the broken shortcut menu.

I will \"volunteer\" and try to update through the .jar updater and test after a clean install of the client. I shall post reports on wether it works or not.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Allright I did the test ... with the following steps:

- Moved the Planeshift3D folder on my HD to another location
- Mounted the PlaneshiftCB_v13.dmg
- Made a clean install of Planeshift by copying the Planeshift3D folder from the disk image
- Made a clean install from the .jar updater by copying the 2 files into the PS folder
- I then updated with the .jar updater

.... and PS will not launch  8o

SO DON\'T USE THE UPDATER !!!!

Cha0s\'s edit: Please don\'t double-post! Edit edit edit! ;)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 11:14:43 am by Aznakh »

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2006, 11:15:33 am »
Thank you for taking the time to do that. It seems Talad still has not uploaded the binaries. Sorry for the false alarm. :( It looks like it\'s back to waiting.
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator

BlackAcre

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2006, 11:33:56 am »
I guess this is the right place to bitch.  When I try to run the game, I get the message: \"Cannot load zone info.  Check your log.\" or some such nonsense, and then it quits to the desktop again.  I can\'t download (right-click, ctrl-click/save as, or what have you) whatever that zoneinfo.xml file it is that people keep pointing to gleefully.  The splash screen is hella fun, though. :p

EDIT: Heh, weird.  Apparently the file ended up on my desktop but never showed any presence in the download cue.  Loads up okay now.  Sound being off makes it less than fun, though.  I\'ll wait.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 01:20:55 pm by BlackAcre »

madmax_2069

(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2006, 04:39:36 pm »
the way it seems is that OS X 10.2.8 will no longer be supported i hope this is not the case. but i can relate to them if they did drop support for 10.2.8 cause its like OS 9 its old and people dont want to code for either OS any more. and i can relate to people having more inpotant things to do than this game. but please say if 10.2.8 will still be supported. i am groweing very tired of waiting. its like waiting for a port of the elder scrolls morrowind not going to happen. almost watching paint peal its self. this is by far a nice big bug but a known one.

Chaos you need to edit the stikies and show the current working status for OS X cause not all versions of OS X will run planeshift 10.2.8 is a no go , i dont know about the other OS X versions i really want to play the game and see how much speed a gained with this G3 466mhz cpu from the G3 266mhz i use to use playing this game
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 04:45:51 pm by madmax_2069 »

dfryer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2006, 04:45:47 pm »
The failure to function on 10.2 was an unwanted surprise to me, and shouldn\'t be a problem in the future.  Crystalspace (and hence Planeshift) continues to work on 10.2.

The long delay is not due to any technical reasons but instead a difficult update/release cycle :/
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

madmax_2069

(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2006, 04:50:54 pm »
sweet im glad to still see it will be supported. i can understand it takes a wile to do this for 10.2 cause its like a totaly diffrent OS from 10.3 and 10.4 but are all the same. weird in a way. but keep up the great work and i do hope this game will eventualy play with minimal bug\'s its going to take time i can understand. i did enjoy the game when i was able to play it and really look forward to being able to play it again. good job all

Gripen

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Apple @ fault
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2006, 10:04:34 pm »
Originally posted by madmax_2069
sweet im glad to still see it will be supported. i can understand it takes a wile to do this for 10.2 cause its like a totaly diffrent OS from 10.3 and 10.4 but are all the same. weird in a way. but keep up the great work and i do hope this game will eventualy play with minimal bug\'s its going to take time i can understand. i did enjoy the game when i was able to play it and really look forward to being able to play it again. good job all

Actually it is Apple\'s fault.  10.3 shipped with gcc 4 and it was doing fine until 10.3.9 when they added a direct file to dual access libraries--supposedly to help uni code programs, but there were no strictly unicode programs or even an operating system for them yet.  They did this secretly, without informing Mac developers.  Mac developers learned that they had to use gcc 3.3 in order to be compatible with 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, and universal.  Which is done by resetting to use gcc3.3 instead of gcc4. [Note: this file only helps \"mac universal code\" programs a little bit.]

Now, one of Planeshift mac compiler persons didn\'t know this, and I understand a final check was done of the Mac Client using 10.3.9--without resetting to use gcc3.3--so the final compilation inserted a direct file that caused PS Mac client to not be compatible with 10.2.

**For everyone\'s sake I repeat what I said before:  gcc 3.3 compiles for 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, and universal; gcc4 with the direct added to 10.3.9 barely optimizes a program for universal; all mac universal systems will come with a program which automatically optimizes \"strict\" universal bit code programs, and makes not Uni code programs usable.  True universal bit code OS and hardware systems are only just now beginning to be released, and they are not 100% uni mac code.
Therefore, it is not necesary to compile for universal code until mac no longer supports not uni mac code--and notice that gcc3.3 is uni mac code compliant.  [All those who have closed off 10.2, have done so prematurely.]

Moreover, Mac will not be squeezing out their not uni mac code systems or programs for years to come (only 10.2) and uni mac code may not be so universal--just like when they came out with the power macs that were supposed to be cross-platform by using universal code--why it is called Mac universal code.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 10:10:48 pm by Gripen »