Author Topic: Cha0s Re: http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=23265.0  (Read 446 times)

Adramelech

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Cha0s Re: http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=23265.0
« on: April 29, 2006, 12:19:45 am »
Locking threads is just arrogant, stop it please. Like I said at the top, I read through all the threads and there's really nothing worse than an admin who doesn't read a post properly and uses their ignorance to 'respond in kind';  you're just embarrassing yourself.

Anyway, I went back and found the sticky you failed to reference properly, and recalled reading it yesterday - a lot of gibberish about X.4 and Java, latest Java runtime and all that. Well the trouble is I took it to mean what it says, 'you need Java, you need X.4, blah blah, if you have Java use manual install below, if you don't  - read below, if you do install below, if not then read below' and so on, ad nauseum. Allow me to boldly suggest a complete rewrite of that entire sticky. It makes very little sense. I understand English may not be you primary language, and that's fine, but it needs to be rewritten clearly in plain English. Anyway, I'm going to go back to the sticky to try once again to figure out what I'm supposed to download, and hopefully it works. And what's stopping you linking the main Planeshift download page to that Java Updater as opposed to a non-existent Torrent!? No one needs to spend several days trying to launch a game and read all this conflicting crap when a simple link on the download page would suffice. If you need someone to fill in these gaps, I’m sure I could manage, just email me and I'll see what I can do, right now I have all the time in the world. For one, I could rewrite your documentation, that might make the game a lot more popular for a start.

r.guppy

Re: Cha0s Re: http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=23265.0
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 01:03:50 am »
Locking threads is just arrogant, stop it please. Like I said at the top, I read through all the threads and there's really nothing worse than an admin who doesn't read a post properly and uses their ignorance to 'respond in kind';  you're just embarrassing yourself.

Anyway, I went back and found the sticky you failed to reference properly, and recalled reading it yesterday - a lot of gibberish about X.4 and Java, latest Java runtime and all that. Well the trouble is I took it to mean what it says, 'you need Java, you need X.4, blah blah, if you have Java use manual install below, if you don't  - read below, if you do install below, if not then read below' and so on, ad nauseum. Allow me to boldly suggest a complete rewrite of that entire sticky. It makes very little sense. I understand English may not be you primary language, and that's fine, but it needs to be rewritten clearly in plain English. Anyway, I'm going to go back to the sticky to try once again to figure out what I'm supposed to download, and hopefully it works. And what's stopping you linking the main Planeshift download page to that Java Updater as opposed to a non-existent Torrent!? No one needs to spend several days trying to launch a game and read all this conflicting crap when a simple link on the download page would suffice. If you need someone to fill in these gaps, I’m sure I could manage, just email me and I'll see what I can do, right now I have all the time in the world. For one, I could rewrite your documentation, that might make the game a lot more popular for a start.

I am amazed that in two days you are using this tone,  Choas does a wonderful job hear and without his guidance a very large part of are Mac community would not be hear. So i strongly suggest you, pull your horns in and rethink you thoughts. It is not posable to sum some one up in two short days.

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Cha0s Re: http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=23265.0
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 06:18:05 am »
Alright, I know using forums may be new to you, but there are a few things you need to understand.
1. Life isn't fair. I can lock any thread I want if I see a reason for it. Suggestion: don't complain. I'm not being mean or arrogant; this is just how things are.
2. Because you didn't care to figure out the sticky (not that this is that challenging), you made a post. That shows laziness, if you ask me. A thread about how you can't be bothered to read the stickies doesn't contribute to the forum. That brings me to number 3.
3. When I say "PM me," I mean "PM me." Not, "post another thread." A PM (private/personal message) is a message addressed to a single person. There's a whole section on the system on the board Help page. (Hint: if you do this, I won't lock your thread... cause there won't be one!)
4. There's a reason I didn't reference the sticky directly. I wanted to encourage you to find the information on your own. If it's out there, you should be able to find it and comprehend it. If not, PM me.
5. If the sticky really is unintelligible, I need to change it. However, this is the first complaint of that sort I've had to date in the more than one year that the sticky has been in existence. I did remove all the backslashes (an artifact from our forum changeover). If you have any further comments, put them in the PM you're going to send me. Please, do not post another thread on this topic (yes, I am locking this one).

r.guppy: Thanks. :)

Now, iLock.
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator
In-Game Roleplay Forum Moderator
Please search and skim existing threads before posting!