Author Topic: new, need help  (Read 283 times)

dogdaydreamer

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
new, need help
« on: September 22, 2006, 05:01:56 pm »
I'm new and I can't figure out the controls in game.  The tutorial says right click a target for options or whatever...but, my mac mouse has only one button! How can I do that? Also pressing the shift key while moving, does NOT make my character run.  I am really in need of help, being a new mac user and a new player of Planeshift.   ???

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: new, need help
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 08:43:09 pm »
You can set all of the controls from the options menu, including designating a key (such as Control) to act as a right-click. Unfortunately, this doesn't work for shortcuts. However, I'd recommend you simply get a multi-button mouse. They're not that expensive, and they're really helpful. :)
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator
In-Game Roleplay Forum Moderator
Please search and skim existing threads before posting!

The Wandering Djinn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 09:51:47 pm »
Get one of these:

http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/

...okay, the link shows the wireless version, but it is also available in the standard and familiar USB connector version to plug into the Apple Keyboard.

Solves all issues with 3-button and 2-button applications :)

- running PlaneShift Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.11) Client, on an Apple iMac G5 2GHz PowerPC processor, 2GB DDR SDRAM, an ATI Radeon 9600 graphics card with 128MB VRAM, a 20-inch active-matrix LCD widescreen display, and a 250GB Serial ATA hard drive... so what's your excuse, huh?

dogdaydreamer

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 09:42:09 pm »
Thanks you guys!