Author Topic: I need an update? (v 0.3.018) MAC OSX  (Read 1290 times)

abrambela

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
I need an update? (v 0.3.018) MAC OSX
« on: June 26, 2007, 03:48:25 pm »
  So i downloaded version 0.3.018 (for the mac) I was able to login, and make a character etc. etc. that is until I tried to hit the "Join button", then it will show me the loading screen for about 5 seconds, then it will unexpectedly quit... (when i first login i get a blue message in front of my character saying that a new update is available...)

So I tried following the instructions  on the forum http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=14416.0 it the updater kept crashing, so i tried it manually, i followed the instructions and was able to change directories to the "planeshift3D" folder, and thats where i got stuck, the instructions tell me to insert the command "./updater.app/Contents/MacOS/updater" and terminal tells me...

"-bash: ./updater.app/Contents/MacOS/updater: No such file or directory"

So, trying to figure out the problem, by typing "cd ./updater.app" and i get to "/Applications/games/Planeshift/Planeshift3D/updater.app", so i am able to get into "contents", and" macos" by doing the same thing, but then i get stuck, and dont know what else to do.. I appreciate any help whatsoever

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: I need an update? (v 0.3.018) MAC OSX
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 04:48:18 pm »
1. Please don't make multiple threads about the same issue - if you need to add more detail to a post you already created, use the "Modify" button.
2. Post Mac Issues in the Mac section of the forum. It keeps the board organized and allows you to find quicker help with a more concentrated audience.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

abrambela

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 12:58:17 am »
oooh.... my bad, im sorry about that, i wasn't thinking too hard about that was i? well i would delete it if i knew how, thanks!

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 01:03:15 am »
What are your specs? Did you read the IMPORTANT notes in the Guide?

Also, note that it clearly states in the Mac Client Status thread that you should NOT update.
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator
In-Game Roleplay Forum Moderator
Please search and skim existing threads before posting!

konpeki

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 11:22:54 am »
  So i downloaded version 0.3.018 (for the mac) I was able to login, and make a character etc. etc. that is until I tried to hit the "Join button", then it will show me the loading screen for about 5 seconds, then it will unexpectedly quit... (when i first login i get a blue message in front of my character saying that a new update is available...)

Same happened to me. I got it to work like this:

* download 0.3.018 from the website.
* download PSClientCMD and put it into your Planeshift3D folder
* start the game with PSClientCMD.jar instead of psclient
* (don't update)  ^^.

Maybe this works for you too. Good luck!