Author Topic: ATI X1600 graphics card work-around  (Read 11687 times)

Zarty

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: ATI X1600 graphics card work-around
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2008, 07:17:56 am »
Works fine, thanks  :lol:

BLARG!!!

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2008, 09:02:50 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// \\o// thx u so much! it works now!!!!!!!! :sorcerer: :sorcerer: :sorcerer: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: but it still logs me off
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 11:32:57 am by BLARG!!! »

Soullesszc

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2008, 10:33:14 pm »
Please help, I tried using text editor and adding those two lines of text, but now the freezing problem is no longer my prerogative, the game won't even launch!!! Please help!

Zarn The Mad

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2008, 07:58:11 am »
This fix appears to have solved the problem of graphics freezes/game lockups on my Mac Pro with a ATI Radeon X1900 XT card as well. 

EDIT *    I was wrong.  They just occur at irregular intervals.  Please disregard this post. :oops:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:36:36 pm by Zarn The Mad »

BLARG!!!

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2008, 10:06:02 am »
well this helped me out a bundle thanks! :D

Anna55

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2008, 10:45:47 am »
Hi Guys. I hope that will help me too. My problem is:

The game crushed when try to go to arena and even when i try to load it again and again it says: "Can't load region" and crushes again.

I did open the file psclient.cfg and put that as you teach and save. Is that all that I have to do? because I still have the problem that I cant load the game an it crushes. Of course I can try to create new character, but not really want to start again. Please help  ???

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2008, 11:38:39 am »
I think some regions are still difficult with mac client. I would try to get a gm (best possibility is via irc on server irc.freenode.net and channel #planeshift or #planeshift-gmtalk) to work out which regions work for you.
As second possibility you can create another char and do "/who game" and look for a game master to then "/tell <name>" him. Third possibility would be to file a petition with that new char.
Preferrably irc though

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Anna55

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2008, 04:39:18 pm »
I think some regions are still difficult with mac client. I would try to get a gm (best possibility is via irc on server irc.freenode.net and channel #planeshift or #planeshift-gmtalk) to work out which regions work for you.
As second possibility you can create another char and do "/who game" and look for a game master to then "/tell <name>" him. Third possibility would be to file a petition with that new char.
Preferrably irc though

Sen

I had 10.3.5 psclient, now i downloaded new one, that solve some a lot of problems from before, but now it crushes when I try to go to Ojaveda. When before I couldn't go even to east Hydlaa ( map, region not found). When now it crushes when I try to cross Ojaveda border..But for macs in general it should be ok... :'(

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2008, 03:59:25 am »
There is an inofficial workaround of some issues by using the maps from the original 0401 client (maps are in the world.zip in your installation; don't forget a backup before  ;) ). I don't know if it would help here so it would be great if someone can sum up what is the status of the mac-map problems.

If you can't find a download for the 0401 client pm me and we will work something out.

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

MasonMarxx

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 01:30:25 pm »
i entered the code but still for some reason i've got some serious grain on certain parts of the screen and when i try open boxes such as the quest list. it's a pain because i cant actually read the quest description :(

chacai

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2009, 03:27:52 pm »
i have the same problem

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2009, 03:49:05 pm »
i have the same problem

download http://planeshift.caarrie.org/Fix%20PS.zip and run the fix for texture compression

Rowanas

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2009, 05:05:32 am »
wow! this fix really w...wait. No. It failed. Is there nothing that will let me play this once epic game. I played it ages ago, but had to stop, and when I come back to it, I can't play anymore!

mcalisi

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2011, 08:59:14 am »
I am running a MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo, Radeon x1600, and the character creation screen is messed up, ie, the top third of the picture is offset, I can't really see the character that I am creating, and in the game, the menus that are across the top are stretched vertically. I tried the listed two-line workaround to no avail. Any suggestions?

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2011, 11:07:59 am »
To fix the stretched out tool bar icons you can just click and hold in the corner of the tool bar and drag the edge of the toolbar so the icons are the shape/size you want and this should be maintained the next time you log in.