Author Topic: A lot of "crystalspace" errors, then freezes (Mac)  (Read 727 times)

sashaS

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
A lot of "crystalspace" errors, then freezes (Mac)
« on: July 15, 2010, 02:55:25 am »
Hi,

I'd really like some help, have searched the forums but can't seem to find anything.

When I open the PSclient, several errors are listed including "could not load plugin 'crystalspace.sndsys.renderer.null". it also can't load some image files, textures. shaders, and also says "default shader/shader/std-lighting.xml not avauilable".

While this is going on, the brown loading bar does move then I come to the green Login page, but this is where it freezes (I'm on a Mac so that stupid spinning wheel appears and I have to Force Quit.)

As I understand it, these type of errors should be driver-related, yes? But if I'm not mistaken everything is updated, or at least it's really hard to find a driver for my chipset model so I assumed it doesn't have to be updated. Here are some details:

Mac 10.6.3
Chipset Model:   ATI Radeon HD 4670
VRAM (Total):   256 MB
Vendor:   ATI (0x1002)

I'm not sure what else to list here but would really appreciate some help, I would really love to be able to play this game. Thanks in advance.

Mexico20

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: A lot of "crystalspace" errors, then freezes (Mac)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 11:43:53 pm »
I am having the same problem but i can get to the game and then it freezes. Sometimes it freezes at the start sometimes i can go about 3-5 minutes playing before it freezes. It says the same thing while it is loading ( plugin error or something like that ). I think it has something to do with the configuration thing you are supposed to do after the you update or something like that but i looked in the file and i could not find the application ( pssetup ) that it says you have to open. If you find out how to fix the problem then could you please tell me i really need to know.