Author Topic: Deletion of Characters  (Read 742 times)

Sarvadi

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Deletion of Characters
« on: May 13, 2011, 05:01:50 am »
Good morning.

I thought I would try my luck within this Forum since I run a Mac and honestly, I'm not getting anywhere in the general tech problem Forums (really, they have tried to be very helpful).

Here is the issue: I have 4 characters created in my Log In screen. Only one of them is my Main. I want to delete the other three so that I may have a choice, should I want to, to create other alts. The extra ones I have now were all trials and errors when I first started playing PlaneShift.

Nothing I do will let me delete the extra characters. I click on them, I get the deletion window warning me, I click yes, and nothing. Back to where I started with all the characters intact. Some of the Forums say to run the updater (by this I assume they mean PSLaunch since I have no program called Updater) and update the client. I have done this twice, once from within PSLaunch(this was a headache) and once manually by downloading a whole new client from the website. I still can not delete the characters.

I have other issues from within the Game itself, but I will post these separate. One thing at at a time  :)   If I can accomplish the the deletion of my excess characters, I shall be happy.  ;D

PS - Aside from this I like this game very much. Thank you for making it possible for us Mac users.

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Deletion of Characters
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 05:11:20 am »
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=39512.msg446910;topicseen#msg446910

Currently broken for macs.  :(

Meh. That was you. I should learn to read better.  X-/

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 02:06:15 am »
Ok I see that you have made two topics about this now...
REALLY??
Even if the devs pinpoint the exact problem, and fix it, it woould probably take them months, before they either finish it or get to it, your best bet, is to go on IRC or make a petition [in game] naming the characters you want deleted, this is the FASTEST way to get them deleted, and if you really need to make an alt RIGHT NOW, you can just make another account, most people do it.
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 07:01:41 am »
the issue is already fixed in 0.5.6.1

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 08:36:51 pm »
the issue is already fixed in 0.5.6.1
Not everyone has the technical smarts to be able to update
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 01:09:44 am »
But don't say we would not try our best to support them, like ... reminding them to search in the forum; reminding them to talk in IRC; explaining the already explained over and over ... and all together waiting for the next installer package.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty