Author Topic: problem with the new server...(solved)  (Read 449 times)

JinxDevona

• Traveller
    • View Profile
problem with the new server...(solved)
« on: October 04, 2013, 11:19:14 pm »
I have read through many posts but have not found anything to fix my issues. I cannot seem to change to the new server to login. I tried the launcher and chose "repair" many many times. It comes up blank and I just press "ok" and exit out. I have tried opening the servers.xml file and manually change ip="planeshift.subhosting.net" to ip="planeshift.teamix.org". However I think I am failing during the save. My mac opens the file with OpenOffice.org Writer. No matter how I tried to save it (even choosing to replace) when I reopen it, it is not changed (still subhosting.net). I'm at a loss as to what to try now and saving the file is not in any of the threads I read.

PS This is not loading properly, the part where you try to go to where it was moved to by clicking the "here" link... http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=14416.0

Thank you kindly

Edit:  :oops: I am so stupid. I never took the folder out and put it in the applications folder. The updater worked after that. Sorry for your waste of time. (Can't wait to start playing  ;D )
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 12:01:29 am by JinxDevona »

gonger

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: problem with the new server...(solved)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 03:47:11 am »
Glad you made it.
Welcome to PlaneShift!

Gonger

wadelinder

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 11:21:54 pm »
Hi, I am new to this game. I would like some help. I know if you have not updated the game, the old server present will not work. I have a Mac, and when I launch the game it says there is update, but I do not have the "correct permissions to continue. Please restart the program as an admin." I do not know how to correct this. If I could get some help, that'd be great.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 02:51:11 am »
This "MacOS specific" question will be answered in your other thread...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty