Author Topic: "Server is not available!" when trying to play, OSX 10.9.1  (Read 1012 times)

Pierre

"Server is not available!" when trying to play, OSX 10.9.1
« on: March 10, 2014, 12:29:14 am »
Hi, probably I am doing something stupid - but I have downloaded the mac version of PS and checked the servers.xml and updateservers.xml files and all is set to teamix, everything looks fine.

But when I launch the game, it looks fine but tells me "the server is not available" and I cannot get in.

What am I doing wrong?   ???

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: "Server is not available!" when trying to play, OSX 10.9.1
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 12:33:51 am »
What am I doing wrong?   

You are using a mac .  ;D

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 12:36:45 am »
I can't help with your actual problem, sorry. I don't use mac  But if you check this link you can at least double check to make sure that the server really isn't down.
http://planeshift.teamix.org/index.php?page=char_stats

At the moment the server seems to be up. Do you perhaps have a firewall or something that might be blocking access?

Pierre

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 01:29:09 am »
Cheers, Rigwyn, helpful creature  :devil:

Illysia, no firewall that I know of - I could play 2 weeks ago.

Perhaps a firewall was installed since then on my network, or was updated - seems unlikely.  If that is the case, I would need to know how to get port 7777 opened up.  But if I could play recently, I think the "server not available" message is coming from the other side.

I got this message before, but then I just manually updated the .xml file to teamix and it worked.

Any actual ideas out there?

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 01:34:16 am »
I'm not sure how long ago the last update was since I just updated a few days ago, but sometimes PS gives me grief after an update and the only way to fix it is to reinstall it. That usually fixes it for me on Windows since sometimes using repair or the update from the launcher actually messes things up. If you don't get any other better ideas I would say back up anything like books, descriptions, or things like that, just in case, then start over.