Author Topic: Game crashing  (Read 712 times)

OctavianGrey

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Game crashing
« on: February 17, 2016, 07:29:53 am »
While playing wplaneshift in the past few days, my game started to crash, regularly. At first I thought nothing of it, simple an over load, so I tried again, and it would crash again - it seemed to occur while I was typing whispers so, for I while I tested that, but it was mere coincidence. I checked here and followed as many tips as I could, starting with the stickies, clearing the cache, making my settings lower and running repair many times over - which passed. After several changes had been made to lower the settings and what appeared (e.g. grass) I was able to play the game, but it crashed again - if after a longer time then all the others.

I have the log from console, but it is longer then the post space available. Any advice on how to continue would be appreciated.
*Calantha Ivoman, studier of plants, wannabe artist and musician - trying desperately to not die very often. "No, I will not hit you with my pickaxe, why do people ask me this!?!"

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
Re: Game crashing
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 09:10:43 am »
There are so many reasons for crashes. What area are you in? Crashes happen a lot in the arena due to the magic effects. I crash a lot going from one map to the other, mostly between Hydlaa and the arena or East Hydlaa.

OctavianGrey

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 09:35:07 am »
I mainly crashed in Hydlaa, because that is where the first crashes occurred, and I was just unable to move any where. I could move between places well enough, in the longer times I could go back and forth between areas such hydlaa and hydlaa east, or the BD road. The crash would occur sometimes very close together, when I thought it might be to do with command typing, other times just standing still, sometimes running in an area. But almost always these occurred in Hydlaa, when there were not that many people on.
*Calantha Ivoman, studier of plants, wannabe artist and musician - trying desperately to not die very often. "No, I will not hit you with my pickaxe, why do people ask me this!?!"

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 12:25:11 pm »
Are you sure your client version is up to date? I remember there was a similar bug but it was fixed long ago.

Elady

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 07:39:01 pm »
I have reduced my random game crashing, especially in Hydlaa by in the game client under options graphics details unchecking the adaptive distance and reducing the distance down to 107 currently. Almost every time I fly into Hydlaa I'd crash as soon as I tried to move once in Hydlaa but since making this change I haven't crashed in Hydlaa.

OctavianGrey

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 07:51:57 am »
I tried reducing to a lower size and that appears to have worked, and I am running 0.6.4 as the client, so I am pretty sure that I am up to date. If the problem reoccurs, I will seek further assistance.