Author Topic: Adraax: Klyro's City Project  (Read 51315 times)

Baldur

• Veteran
  • Disillusioning since 1989
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
Re: Adraax: Klyro's City Project
« Reply #1005 on: January 03, 2008, 08:35:08 am »
First of all, Zweitholou, they are some utterly superb drawings.

Secondly, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought this project was given the 'no go' by Talad for some strange reason or another....
It's an official project and can therefore not be implemented due to the surprise-element basis the team works on. We decided to convert this into a cradle for new team-prospect, and so far unskilled, artists to develop their talents so they may one day join the team.

LARAGORN

• Veteran
  • Facts dont cease to exist because they are ignored
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: January 03, 2008, 10:20:22 am »
@Zweitholou, I am having difficulty openning your first 2 images in this post. Can you check to see if the links are working?  Thanks

All great truthes begin as blasphemies- SHAW
Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

Zweitholou

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Art Department Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: January 03, 2008, 12:13:43 pm »
I think I fixed the problem with the images. Sorry they're so big. I couldn't get the thumbnails to work properly.
Also, I do realize that this won't be implemented, but it may provide ideas and inspiration nonetheless.

LARAGORN

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 04, 2008, 07:52:33 am »
You have some great concepts there Zweitholou  :thumbup:
I think a few are a little to close to earth animals though, like the Uinor and the Gyonia. I would'nt mind seeing another attempt at those, if your up for the challange ;)

I agree, even though the entire project will never make it in game, there are far too many ideas and concepts here to let go to waste. Converting Adraax into a practice project for prospects was a great idea.

Happy New Year everyone  8)

Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

Zweitholou

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Art Department Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 09, 2008, 08:38:29 pm »
I think a few are a little to close to earth animals though, like the Uinor and the Gyonia. I would'nt mind seeing another attempt at those, if your up for the challange ;)
I agree. Here are the attempts at something better:

Cestergon ( Dog like animal)

Gyonia- a manatee like sea mammal sometimes hunted

Orgast (big shark, natural enemy to the D'tarn)

Uinor (Small bear like animal, can swim)

Xobcon- a species of edible sea snail
I saw "edible snail" and I couldn't resist.  ;D

Let me know if there are any others.

Inca Sator

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Was born in USSR
    • View Profile
    • inca.my1.ru
« Reply #1010 on: January 11, 2008, 03:12:43 pm »
A week ago i first time watched movie "Piter Pan' (2003). There was a scene with mermaids. I wish all klyron women looks like these mermaids - with beautiful chinese faces, narrow eyes, without strange crest on the head. :)
This is not the best screenshot, but this is all i found in the net.

.:ZEN:.

• Hydlaa Resident
  • PENGUINS ^_^
    • View Profile
    • My Freeweb
« Reply #1011 on: January 11, 2008, 09:10:07 pm »
Great Images... Truly amazing.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

As for them looking like earth animals... I think just about all planeshift animals bear some resemblence to earth animals... So I think that makes it even better - It will help the new animals fit in.

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #1012 on: January 12, 2008, 04:27:57 am »
Can't see it, Inca.

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 12, 2008, 08:56:57 pm »
http://bp2.blogger.com/_WkKZJVG5wTk/RxWE2GePMiI/AAAAAAAApdA/bTue0l1MwIg/s1600/Peter_Pan_95.jpg

It is a DL link or something. Those things where evil. Good movie, though.

LARAGORN

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 18, 2008, 09:52:30 am »
Exellent job Zweitholou :thumbup: looking good.

Can I have some cheese on that first Xobcon ;)

Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

Millian

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Be neutral.....be free...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 20, 2008, 11:51:52 am »
 ::) Hi! i'm new in this topic so if my idea 's suck,stupis or something plz tell me

My idea is :
   1-They should have a small town under the water(this town is a part a the city)
   2-Klyros will stronger then normal (like more atk speed up or walk faster then normal...etc..etc... but not too fast because that will make them over power and only when the under water )
   3-Other class can't stay too long in the the small town if they want to they have to do a quest that can help them breath under water
   4-The small town is the place where very strong monster runing around (if you want to kill them you have to party)but they drop very strong,good weapon and more exp

KLYROS FOREVER.......
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 12:19:10 pm by Millian »
Calmness in the air

Myriel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 20, 2008, 12:28:18 pm »
well, I don't think that Klyros are meant to be stronger than other races...just look at them and compare with a Kran ;)
And there are other races that can live underwater as well: the Nolthrir have gills, and the Kran don't have to breath.
Further - wouldn't you think they would guard their town against strong monsters?
But otherwise I like the idea of an underwater town and I think that the Nolthrir will also have some underwater cities. But that's far in the future...  :beta:

Millian

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Be neutral.....be free...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 20, 2008, 12:36:22 pm »
1-Well i thing they should be a bit stronger because they have low stamina ...... :(
2-The monster i thing they should live some other place then but who know under water there full of fish and big fish even "bear with fin"... :sweatdrop: but the small town under water should have some thing strange ... who know
3-And this under water town idea ......came to me when i drop down from the water fall near the"brone door" ....painful
4-About the races hmmmm.... i don't want to be a jerk or something but even fantasy nothing with nose can breath under water so other races but NOT kran and Nolthrir should do something to help them breath under water :innocent:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 12:47:15 pm by Millian »
Calmness in the air

Myriel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 20, 2008, 12:56:31 pm »
Yes, you're right. There could perhaps be a magic spell that allows the other races breathin underwater for some time. And if you don't have much mana and dive too long...well, bad for you^^ but even that is far in the future, as now it isn't even possible to swim and everybody can breath on the bottom of a lake. But I'm sure they'll do something about that soon(tm) *g*

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #1019 on: January 20, 2008, 01:52:41 pm »
If we're now drifting in on an underwater-concept bare in mind that Klyros and Nolthrir architecture could be hard to distinguish if it's adapted to underwater-environments. Considering the policy of originality the game hosts it would be going against the game's objectives which we are trying to follow.

What I'd still like to impose is the 3-element concept. The Klyros are agile in both Air and Water, as well as on Earth, and therefore their architecture circles around that.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 02:05:28 pm by Baldur »