Author Topic: Server Console (www)  (Read 485 times)

Aerig

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Server Console (www)
« on: February 04, 2005, 02:10:53 pm »
Thanks to the help I got on another thread, I have managed to get this working, so hopefully I can start designing quests etc.

The basic ideas seem easy enough to follow, though either I still have a bit to learn or some of the pages are
still slightly (not greatly) buggy.

However, I have LOTS of questions  8)

First one, is there any documentation on using the quest creation engine? If so point me to that and ignore the rest of the questions until I can get a chance to read it, unless you notice one that is not covered in the docs of course ;)

Can I get my hands on all or part of the tables that are actually used in the game. Even a partial table that only included the data needed for one quest would make it a lot easier to learn how to use the quest engine without having to ask people how to go about putting a quest together.

I have looked at the example quests, but learning how they fit together is not going to be quite so easy as being able look at the quest definitions and then  play with what is actually happening ingame.

IF POSSIBLE, I would really like to get READ ONLY access to the actual server console quest functions so that I can have a look at what people have already done to get ideas for what I can add to flesh out the game environment.

Spending my time duplicating a quest that someone has already written wont be that constructive and writing quests that dont conform to the current ingame atmosphere wont help either.

If there is no documentation, please see NPC\'s  for my first load of questions.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 02:12:01 pm by Aerig »