Author Topic: 3D Artists  (Read 666 times)

RandomExtrusion

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
3D Artists
« on: December 15, 2010, 06:34:31 pm »
Hello.  Apologies if this is in the wrong board.

Wanted to call attention to:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=204695

While I don't think this is one of the team members that has posted there, I do think his/her idea is good...  Establishing a WIP thread there could probably attract a number of artists willing to contribute.  I don't know what your real status is here, but a team member following up on that thread might make a good mix.

Also, there may be various assets here that might help your team:
http://www.blendswap.com/

If none of this is interesting or helps, just delete, I won't be bothered by it.  I wish your project well, I think it's one of the more (if not the most) promising open source game in works.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 3D Artists
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 03:15:13 am »
I believe this thread is there for a good reason. It is surely based on a related thread: Help us to find the next PS developers!

So you recommend an official statement in the blenderartists forum?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

RandomExtrusion

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 09:34:37 am »
In a way, yes.  A WIP thread there is for work in progress.  I believe there are members there that would contribute, even if partially just in between projects.  Having a WIP thread there where members of that community can post screenshots of their work is two fold for your project, 1.) Generates further awareness for the project, every bump of the thread is a free advertisement for you and 2.) The art will generate further excitement, feedback thus generating more enthusiasm for the art of your project.

Be prepared however, as that community is also open source, anyone can pick up Blender and be a user.  What that means for you is that 1.) You will have to screen your contributors to achieve the quality you seek and more importantly 2.) They are bombarded daily with naive users with ambitious ideas so some of the community will respond with sarcasm.  I urge you to ignore those responses as though they weren't posted.

I am completely confident that there are artists there that would love to contribute to this.  I am confident that some persistent presence there could & would work to both communities interests.  Show them (pictures, links, encourage them to try the game) what you've achieve as well, I firmly believe there will be excitement there.

Your team here has a good thing going, a good team has achieve good things.  The Blenderartist community (maybe not on the outside, but once you get to know them better) is also a very good and helpful community.  I personally would love to see both communities bloom from collaboration.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 10:17:54 am »
Of course we would in general prefer reliable developers ... but even part-time help might be welcome, related to the "Skunk works project" we got started.

Alright ... a topic to be discussed. And hopefully to be taken serious. I'm curious who our official voice will be, we had a "PR department" once...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty