Author Topic: CS Linux plugin question  (Read 332 times)

lehjr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
CS Linux plugin question
« on: June 27, 2012, 07:01:36 pm »
I'm working on an XRANDR plugin for CrystalSpace to replace the XFREE86VideoMode extensions plugin. Is there anything I'd have to do to get it to work with PlaneShift?

To give you a bit more detail, I started working from inside CrystalSpace's XF86VM plugin and wrote the code in there and tested it, and it worked. I was able to get PlaneShift to run in fullscreen hassle free without any of the dreaded error messages that we would normally see with the XF86VM plugin. I then moved the code out into its own plugin, keeping the same API as the XF86VM plugin, just with a different class and plugin name. I swapped out the "xf86vm" references in CS's xwindow.cpp and xwindow.h for refrences to the XRANDR plugin. The only references to "xf86vm" I could find in PlaneShift were in a couple of the Jam files. If you'd like, I can throw the plugin files as well as the modified CS files up on a pastebin. I know this seems like more of a CS issue than PS, but as far as I can tell, the plugin is building fine, but isn't being loaded by PlaneShift, as I only get a windowed version when trying to load fullscreen and my numerous print messages aren't showing up.

Edit: the references in PlaneShift are "xext86vm" not "xf86vm"
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:02:14 pm by lehjr »

lehjr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: CS Linux plugin question
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:21:21 pm »
I think it was just a bad string value for XQueryExtension in the CS xwindow.cpp file  :oops: Still recompiling CS (takes awhile on my old system) but it's probably a safe bet that was it.

Edit: yes, that was it. I'll be working on cleaning it up this week.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 02:04:29 pm by lehjr »