Author Topic: Trello - For the development team.  (Read 530 times)

TheAuthor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Trello - For the development team.
« on: April 11, 2014, 08:31:39 am »
Everybody of the dev team: Please watch this video and tell me what you think.

Project Task Management: Trello

It's a basic project management tool which *could* lead to a clearer insight for all the dev's involved. This way new volunteers can jump right in the fray without having to wait a long time or spend a long time learning the current objectives, tasks, developers via the existing management systems. (If any)

It also allows all the users to comment directly on the tasks, creating an environment where suggestions are encouraged, regardless of timezones. These suggestions are also saved, but more importantly: They can be found back, on the relevant subject, without searching of any kind.

(Yes, the basic version is free)

Example of Planeshift use:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bv54hfsdxss86s/Screenshot%202014-04-11%2015.58.27.png

If interested, give me a head up. I'll send you an invite

And for those that have an interest in personal project management:

Letterfeed - To check for changes on Google Drive & Dropbox files
Hojoki Classic
Busyflow

Extra: A free Chrome drawing app (For creating visual Questslines, for example):
Draw.io
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 09:04:41 am by TheAuthor »

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
Re: Trello - For the development team.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 09:56:08 am »
May be completely unrelated, but can I use this to manage a restaurant's shifts, workflow, and to organize workloads?

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."

TheAuthor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 10:12:50 am »
May be completely unrelated, but can I use this to manage a restaurant's shifts, workflow, and to organize workloads?

Haha, probably :p Personally I don't know the exact management needs of a restaurant, but if you want to enable staff to fill in their own days/hours, sure!

Be sure to check out the "Power-up" which allows you to see the board in calender view, make sure the staff uses recognizable avatars and go wild with the color-schemes. They even have an app for the phone ;)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 11:45:41 am »
You may misunderstand the structure of the development team...

Quote from: Karyuu
PlaneShift is not a democracy.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

TheAuthor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 04:34:38 am »
You may misunderstand the structure of the development team...

Quote from: Karyuu
PlaneShift is not a democracy.

What are you talking about?

Doesn't matter if Planeshift was a Plutonian timocracy, Trello is a project management tool. It's useful in any kind of structure.

Plus, it's scalable. I'm just going to use it for personal use because it rocks. and whenever anybody wants to join the board I've created: I invite them. Easy as pie.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 04:39:38 am by TheAuthor »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 05:17:12 am »
But it won't be used if the project leader doesn't decide to do so. Which I doubt, from my experience which other suggestions he already rejected, regarding an improvement of the development. Including warnings about objective mistakes coming from experts in their category.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

MishkaL1138

• Veteran
  • Meh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 10:02:48 am »
If I recall correctly, PlaneShift already has its own "intranet" and managing tool for the developers and prospects. It isn't being used, though, but I do recall hearing it had been used. drJack liked it when he was the Settings lead.

But, Author, thank you a lot for showing me this. I'll certainly use it for next year's project: I need to plan a business related to hostelry, and this will surely be helpful.

"It's all fun and games until someone stabs someone else in the eye."