Author Topic: Translating PS to spanish  (Read 1205 times)

Bullian

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Translating PS to spanish
« on: February 01, 2004, 04:56:01 pm »
Hey.
i am a chilean dude that is really on to games, and i discovered PS like a month ago, and i only have to say \" WWWOOOWWW!!!\" its a game with an incredible potencial. As a pre-alpha its quite good.
Well i am here because i want to help in anything i can to the proyect. And i think that i can help in translating it to spanish. I allready translated the required *.xml files, i think i have to edit the *.png files too. I tried to do it with Photoshop, but it says that the files are somehow blocked, so i can do nothing with them. And the other thing, do i NEED to edit one *.dll file that now i dont remember the name?... probably psgui.dll not sure.

First, do i need to download the open source code?, or i can handle it with the client one?. Second, how i can edit those *.png files, i think i can, i just want to know how to do to unblock them so i can edit them.

Plz, dev guys, i am expecting an answer from you.

Without other thing,
Bullian
« Last Edit: February 01, 2004, 04:58:28 pm by Bullian »

Commando

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 10:31:48 am »
Download the CVS version and edit the XMLs. That\'s it
Commando R-I-P

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 11:15:21 am »
For Crystal Blue there will be a \'lang\' directory where all the translations can be placed that PlaneShift will use.  We are trying to make sure there any text on the .png images is removed and can be placed dynamically allowing us to use this translation system.
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

Bullian

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 01:45:49 pm »
Wow, cool info acraig that is way helpfull. Well, i just translated the xml files and they work great, so i think ill better wait for the CB release and then ill make the complete translation.

Thx again acraig for your reply.

Cheers.