Author Topic: (CB Release) compiling server seporate from client  (Read 1141 times)

baelang

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(CB Release) compiling server seporate from client
« on: March 02, 2004, 09:48:02 pm »
Question 1:
Is there a document somewhere for compiling the server without the client.  (for example, on a server that dosen\'t have X) ?

If there is none such, i will go ahead and write one up.  (since that is what i am working on at the moment.)

Question 2:
is the \"need the old version of Bison and flex\" issue still valid for the current (latest HEAD) CB release, or does that apply only to the MB release?

Thank you very much.
Brightest Blessings,
BaeLang

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 11:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by baelang

Question 1:
Is there a document somewhere for compiling the server without the client.  (for example, on a server that dosen\'t have X) ?

It should be ok.  We run/build the server on a remote machine so it should be ok.  For building the server it should just be something like jam server ( I always build everything so not sure of the exact target ).  If that target is not there then I will add it at some point.  Any documentation you can come up with would be a great asset as well.  Building PS is like rolling the dice, sometimes you get snake eyes :).

Question 2:
is the \"need the old version of Bison and flex\" issue still valid for the current (latest HEAD) CB release, or does that apply only to the MB release?

This should not be a problem for 2 reasons.  First, it should be fixed in Crystal Space so it no longer complains about this.  Second, the plugin that used it ( AWS ) is no longer used by PlaneShift.
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"