Author Topic: 3d package used  (Read 1308 times)

n??draca

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
3d package used
« on: June 12, 2004, 10:11:49 pm »
I was wondering what 3d package(s) you use to create the models, armatures, animations etc.

I use blender (very good open-source 3d package).

lynx_lupo

• Veteran
  • Sorbus aria!
    • View Profile
    • Linux pri nas
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 07:27:40 am »
Mainly it\'s 3ds max(due to the exporter to a compliant type). Maya has a poor exporter, but a new one was written for blender a few weeks ago(iirc).
"Amor sceleratus habendi"- Ovid
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you eat them." -Godzilla

Wedge

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 02:52:39 pm »
If you\'re talking about the player models and animations though, the 3-d package shouldn\'t really matter.  Though all the maps have to be run through the MAX exporter, characters are Cal3d format, which I believe has solid exporters for all major 3-d packages.
Ninjas have feelings too.  Mostly they feel like dancing.

Bespredel

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 11:49:02 am »
btw, what is the format of the \"world\" file?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 11:49:48 am by Bespredel »

dfryer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 11:51:04 am »
It is a Crystal Space map in XML format.  Crystal Space is the 3D engine that planeshift uses. Click here for more info. Various exporter scripts (like blend2cs) can be used to create these files.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

jorrit

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 01:04:31 pm »
Blender is supported very well by CS through the blend2cs program. I\'m working on that project too in order to make Blender one of the best packages for CS. I think that the 3dsmax script made by PlaneShift and blend2cs are comparable in what they offer in most respects.

Greetings,
Project Manager of Crystal Space, CEL, CrystalBlend and Crystal Core. Please support Crystal Space with a donation.