Author Topic: How to run?  (Read 1403 times)

luiz4vn

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: How to run?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 09:15:02 pm »
It worked! I put
Code: [Select]
cd /home/luiz4vn/"PlayOnLinux's virtual drives"/opt/PlaneShift
Thanks <3 sorry for posting off topic.

Well, it seems you used PlayOnLinux to run the Windows version of the client on Linux. You should instead have used the native Linux version, though I don't remember if it creates a desktop icon for you. You can download the Linux binary from here:
http://www.planeshift.it/Download
You should either chose the Linux (64-bit) link from the Torrent Downloads section, or one of the Linux Client (64-bit) mirror links from the Standard download: Linux binary section. The page suggest you check this forum thread for important installation information, but note that the post is somewhat outdated.
No, I installed the Linux version, I didn't used PlayOnLinux to install it, I just chose that file directory because I want all my games on the same directory :)

Window manager's "showing the desktop" mode: OFF

Well, if you hide it, you don't see it ... I guess.  ???
I didn't hide it, I never changed any configuration, but I can't find anything on Google that helps me turn it on.

Also, now the sound isn't working anymore, it worked just fine the first time I run the game, I'm not following how Linux works, omg. lol

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 03:18:14 pm »
Also, now the sound isn't working anymore, it worked just fine the first time I run the game, I'm not following how Linux works, omg. lol

After starting the launcher, press the settings button and then audio. Make sure enable sound is checked. I believe the correct sound renderer should be OpenAL. Select it, then press OK. Play the game and see if sound works now.

If you still have problems, running pslaunch from a terminal will allow you to see all debug output produced by the program. This may help you find the error that is causing your game to lack sound.

luiz4vn

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 04:18:09 pm »

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 05:10:34 pm »
PulseAudio has been nothing but trouble for me, no matter the system. I have gotten into the habit of rooting it out of my system whenever I can. That said, glad that awkward fix worked for you!  :thumbup:

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 05:24:59 pm »
Not only you. A German blogger complained about new Firefox binding to PulseAudio, and suddenly it can't find audio devices anymore. Everything else can. The FAQ for PulseAudio amused him by the amount of versatile reasons to not work. Just for the LULZ, he mentioned the existence of a PulseAudio emulation for ALSA... no, that's not a recommendation to install it.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty