Author Topic: The Putrid Defamer  (Read 467 times)

Severed Hope

• Traveller
    • View Profile
The Putrid Defamer
« on: December 20, 2002, 04:25:56 pm »
Rixele is an Elf. And evil, dark elf, and he is making certain Lords and Ladies look very, very bad.

He blackmails them, using false names, he threatens them in the name of other lords, and he seems to have no life other than to harrass and snipe at the noblemen.

What is this madman doing? He could start an internal war doing this crap! Or, is that the idea...?

At first this may sound like a \"Find em and Kill em\" quest, but it isn\'t, really.

First of all, finding this guy is gonna be a real pain in the ass.  No one knows where he is, or what he looks like -- and your only clue to his wherabouts is a drunkard dwarf in run down tavern, who occassionally says his name.

Things like:

\"Rixele was telling me all about...\" -- but none of the things he say seem coherant.  Or, do they?

Once you piece together the dwarf\'s conundrum of clues, you go to where this elf might be... to find that indeed - he IS trying to start an internal war, -- because he is working for a dark army amassing just beyond the view of men --- not to capture or loot a single city state -- but to conquer the entire continent while war wages inside the walls of every city...

With none of the alliances of the lords in effect, Rixele\'s army will sweep through the land like a hot stilleto through warm cowchurn... whether the instigator of these problems is alive or not.

And it is the players job to stop them.  Or, possibly, to join them, if he\'s playing a bad guy.

-----
What do you think?  This kind of quest would be cool, because their are tons of ways you could work out an ending: either convincing the army to go away, diplomatically, or covertly killing off all of their generals... or even by doing what Rixele was doing to the nobles in the first place and tearing them apart.

And if the designers have PVP in the game, plays could even hire themselves out to the dark army as a mercenary and play a bad guy, working up through the ranks... etc.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2002, 04:27:35 pm by Severed Hope »

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 08:05:01 pm »
It sounds interesting. Something I might wanna participate in. What would decide the outcome of a PvP interaction? there must be a fair and logical way to decide things like that.
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

Severed Hope

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2002, 02:21:50 am »
Hmm since there wouldn\'t be any PKing in this game (as of now), you\'d probably have to choose to be a villian to join them, or something else that made you always a \"monster\" when other players saw you... I dunno.

Or if PKing is a problem, just take the PKing out by disabling the option to join the bad guys.

^_^

PvP interaction would probably be decided by whoever had the best stats / strategy / had the better team-mates.  You wouldn\'t kill the players who were working for the Dark Army or whatever it\'d be called, however, unless you KNEW they were working for the dark army, and getting them to tell you that would be kind of tricky, I imagine.  So you could theoretically be working for either side, but never have to attack another player.  But that would be kind of boring... so either PVP fights to the death, or no playing as a bad guy.

Ugh. Thats for the developers to decide tho. I just wanted to contribute a story line ^_^

Speaking of which, i sent them a resume` -- i hope they accept me! (If the developers see this, my name is Bartholomew Klick!)