Author Topic: To PK or not to PK  (Read 5998 times)

Twiztid

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2004, 08:45:53 pm »
I come from playing EverQuest for about a year on a PvP server, and I have to say that nothing is more entertaining and/or frustrating than PvP. Maybe try the same thing EQ did and have separate PvP servers or something that allows PvP characters to only PK other PvP characters on a server.

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2004, 12:54:05 am »
Twiz,

I my opinion EQ\'s PvP system is about the worst.  DAoC and Shadowbane are much better systems.  Not perfect, but much, much better.

However, none of these games are free or have any real roleplay.  PS is looking to make a game that is more like the pen and paper games, or at least that is how I understand the posts.  

One more thing!

Welcome to Plane Shift!

Remenissions

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2004, 11:20:42 am »
Hmm There should defenetly be pking, its really fun. It hink you should have a restricted area to where upon entrance, you will only be able to attack or be attacked by peopel a certain level..as you work your way further into this area, more people will be able to attack you as higher levels aand you will be able to atatck lower levels. Why would ordinary non-pkers wanna go in here? Have the best leveling spots here as well as may rare things you can find here and perhaps a few quest. ALso have a thing to where you cannot log out unless you havent been in combat for the last 20 seconds, that way for those non-pker people, they have to escape instead of just logging out :P.

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2004, 11:55:38 pm »
If PS is to have a Player vs player system (PvP), also know as PKing, it must enforce the roleplaying aspect of the game not just provide you with a thrill a whackin other players.

In my exp the level restriction system gets abused. It allows bands of low level thugs to prowl without fear of high level guild leaders hunting them down.

Hyarmendacil

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2004, 10:22:33 am »
I think there should be a pk system like conquer online,
You can pk everyone everwhere, but if you pk.....you get pk points, for one kill 10 points ect, then i takes 10 min. till they are gone....1 pk point in 1 min. and if you pk to much you would be go to jail and must mine till you have xxx money or something. And there should be guards at a high lvl in every town to protect pking in towns, everybody should see the person who was pket, maybe on the namecolor......till the points are gone.

Ashfen

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2004, 12:06:10 pm »
I dont know if this has already been suggested but i was thinking that there could be a sort of city guard in the cities, so tking should be allowed anywhere, but if there is a fight in the city the guards should appear from somewhere and stop (through killing the attacker i guess) kinda like in BGII
Attention all minions, attention all minions. Please procced to the cheese counter on isle 3, thank you.

ShadowSoul

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2004, 02:17:47 pm »
I voted for No PK
I read all the 3d and this is my opinion

1 - I don\'t agree with PK, that concept means that there will be players that kill other players only for profit
With no valid reason
2 - PvP otherway is more acceptable to my concept of game even if I\'m not very interested in it
3 - Doing murdering in town should be considered a crime isn\'t it ? Someway for a while a pg that has killed a person must be identificable by other players: traces of blood on his clothes could be seen or some other things could be noticed by others do you agree?
4 - Even Pk and/or PvP have to be controlled: if you were killed by another player you\'ll try to become stronger ( and that\'s good ) to be able to take a revenge on him ( and that\'s bad for me ).The risk is that all of us will be occupied on this sort of occupations ...
5 - That means there must be some kind of controls or punitions for who breaks the law and controls by the server staff

Theese are only a few ideas I got: might be right ight be wrong ..
I\'m not Pk or PvP oriented so I think I won\'t  base my alter ego on a combat style ...  
Bye

Hyarmendacil

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2004, 01:55:15 pm »
There must be pk.....why should you lvl yourself without pk? For the Monsters? lol

ShadowSoul

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2004, 10:17:06 am »
Originally posted by Hyarmendacil
There must be pk.....why should you lvl yourself without pk? For the Monsters? lol

We\'re not equal
We don\'t play for the same reason that\'s sure

In fact I think if I\'ll have to spend my time powering up my alter ego only for fighting with others I\'ll choose a different game
I\' ll  play ( in future I suppose ) because that\'s an Rpg game: what interests me is envolving my pg into society and grow it .. and for sure that does not directly depend on the lvl I\' ve reached