Author Topic: GM's not doing their jobs  (Read 1222 times)

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: GM's not doing their jobs
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 10:48:31 am »
I have an idea that may interest someone: what if the event would be organized by a group of players? May be one or two guilds may meet OOC and prepare an event for all the community?
What about you GM's  :) would you support this?

There were many player organized events already. What we were talking about are special GM organized events, where GMs are present ICly.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 10:57:30 am »
There were many player organized events already. What we were talking about are special GM organized events, where GMs are present ICly.

Fine but what I was trying to point at is players cannot spawn monster in Hydlaa to simulate an attack, like they cannot take control of NPCs. An event like that would require the GM to support the players's storyboard. Of course such storyboards needs the approval and review by GM's and settings developers.

Mekora

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 11:23:41 am »
Guilds can and DO events together, quite regularly actually. We don't have the same... Powers perhaps as GMs, and it would be rather unfair if we asked them to do anything for us other than lock items so that they don't get stolen. If we wanted to control NPCs or have special things done, then we must be in the GM team. Although, the player run RP events I've been to are usually better than the GM events because everybody seems to just be competing for special items. I see no reason for GMs giving special items any longer, other than being merchants that sell special items. Just my two cents.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 12:02:41 pm »
Guilds can and DO events together, quite regularly actually. We don't have the same... Powers perhaps as GMs, and it would be rather unfair if we asked them to do anything for us other than lock items so that they don't get stolen. If we wanted to control NPCs or have special things done, then we must be in the GM team. Although, the player run RP events I've been to are usually better than the GM events because everybody seems to just be competing for special items. I see no reason for GMs giving special items any longer, other than being merchants that sell special items. Just my two cents.

My proposal was just in the middle ground between an event totally driven by Players and one totally driven by GMs (and in my point of view it has nothing to do with special gain or rewards). As already stated GMs team are too busy to be able to prepare large events, on the other side players have limited power to interact with the "non-player" side of the world (and it's right indeed in my point fo view, since this power should be reserved to GMs only).

But what if my guild plan to strike at Hydlaa Vigesimi by striking at Hydlaa north gate with a pack of Trepors (this is just a silly example of course)? It could be an opportunity for roleplay and fun for everyone, there could be a deal between the players planning and the GMs to create an event where GMs simply "technically" support the players (by handling the NPC side of the event) while all other players makes their job.

My idea of course isn't a guild or a group of players bullying other players with GMs support but a willing group of players working out an event for the enjoyment of other players eventually having GMs helping them in those areas they're not allowed to control.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 12:52:22 pm »
I posted something similar here: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=40452.0

On another thread a new administrative positioned called RPAs (Role Play Administrators) has been suggested. Such background colour for RP might be tasked to them.

- Nova

Aiwendil

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile

valentineaaron

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 01:03:31 am »
Interesting about the idea being tried already.  I think part of the issue there was too much control over RP which I agree would be annoying.  I'm not suggesting all RP go the the RP master or that they could interfered or rule on RP matters when it's between players.  What I am suggesting is that someone be online to help aid RP when it is needed.  For example, when a guard needs to be played or a vigesemi.  Attacks by creatures could be the same way, or bandits as well.  An RP master would only come in when there is either an issue with RP like when someone is godmodding or trying to game the system like when Mordas attacked people at Roled's wedding.

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2011, 02:41:18 am »
high level gm are supposed to take care mostly of events and rp than moderation.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:49:56 am by weltall »

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 02:49:24 am »
Something I would like to see maybe, perhaps once a month, or even every two to three months, a set time where a GM Vigesimi/judge/collective of guards could be approached by players with disputes.

I've no issue with the GM team.  I think they do a fine job, given all the constraints they have on their own time.  The GMs are players too, first and foremost, and the game should still be fun for them as well.  keep that in mind before you slam them for not living up to your expectations.  At the end of the day, players are protected from harassment, RP is still happening, more events are running than in the past months, and the GMs and players are getting along well.  New things are constantly being added into the game, and overall, things are good.   :thumbup:
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2011, 06:11:09 pm »
Definitely a good idea Tessra! For example, current octarch doesn't even have any quests and seemingly serves only a decorative purpose. There could be octarch court RPs and so on.