Author Topic: Stop with all the adverts  (Read 952 times)

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Stop with all the adverts
« on: September 26, 2011, 04:12:52 am »
This has already been discussed somewhere, however I believe it needs to go further.

I'm sick of all the adverts around PlaneShift these days, it's spamming and it's outright annoying!!  :thumbdown:

So I complain that the devs and GMs need to set some rules up on the use of books for adverts. I believe that they are to be only located on Billboards and not walls/buildings, fences, or sign posts. I do not mind notices about events being in popular areas like Kada El's or Harnquist's.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Stop with all the adverts
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 05:52:07 am »
As public as a billboard is, as diverse are the posters on it.

Some posters get glued on my GMs. Others are removed by noobs or jealous people, due to IC or OOC reasons ... who knows?

But usually they have some ammount of effort put in. So they usually deserve to be shown and read. In my opinion, at least.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 08:55:24 am »
Vaka is speaking of the flyers that ARE NOT posted on the billboards but are instead posted everywhere else you can think of.

Vaka, if you have such a big problem with them, why not pick them up and toss them in a furnace? Treat them how your character would treat them. Maybe confront those that you know are posting them.

Creating game rules about posting flyers outside of a billboard is a bit extreme. Handle it in game through RP.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Catlemur

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Death or Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 01:52:36 pm »
I can assist you with killing the spammers ingame.My character hates them too.

bilbous

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 04:11:09 pm »
selling them is better than burning them.

miomo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 08:55:52 am »
I find myself acting more in-character the more I play, and one thing I used to do was just leave posts up OOCly out of respect for the poster. But, I had a heart-to-heart with my character and realized I was doing her an injustice by letting the flyers stay, even when she objected to them.

So, I agree that in-game action is the best course here. Though, in once sense, this could be considered an in-character act. Sometimes when people do not like something, they make efforts to enact rules to outlaw the possibility of it. And that is how you come up with law books so large as to be completely impossible for any citizen of the country to know them all, and yet one of the laws is "ignorance of the law is no excuse."

O.o
Miomai is currently sane.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 11:10:54 am »
Ah the fun of playing a Red Way mage.

*Travosh incinerates a few more fliers

There really should be a spell in that way for incinerating objects, at realm 2 or 1 too.

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 12:02:51 pm »
Trav, sweetie.. that's why you didn't know when Roled and Lattia's wedding was.  You burned the flier.  :P
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 01:31:11 pm »
Trav, sweetie.. that's why you didn't know when Roled and Lattia's wedding was.  You burned the flier.  :P

That and the willfull denial of information. But i got the last laugh when you all got murdered.

miomo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 03:00:05 pm »
Isn't the old saying, "The guild that dies together, stays together?"
Miomai is currently sane.

Mekora

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 11:31:16 am »
Terribly sorry for bumping, but maybe GMs could at least NOT stick posters that are just selling people things. Guild ads are fine it seems. Event ads are certainly best use for the billboard. But having GM's stick posters for people's personal gain just seems a bit exploiting to me.

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 08:26:04 am »
I have to say I forgot about this thread.
Terribly sorry for bumping, but maybe GMs could at least NOT stick posters that are just selling people things. Guild ads are fine it seems. Event ads are certainly best use for the billboard. But having GM's stick posters for people's personal gain just seems a bit exploiting to me.

I do agree with this. It's in some ways grieving.

I don't think RPing it is the right thing to do. I can't see how spamming (that I see OOC) can be brought IC. It's just pathetic and they should just stop it. I certainly find much more interesting and more interacting RPs more worth my time than things like this. I got school, sport and a job. I just don't have the time to be 'RPing' around about stupid adverts.
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

bilbous

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 09:53:40 am »
Perhaps they could charge a 100 Euro donation per month to Atomic Blue for these sticky ads.