Author Topic: No iSoundManager plugin!  (Read 655 times)

Kundalf

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
No iSoundManager plugin!
« on: December 19, 2004, 11:12:40 am »
Hi there,

since the new release is not too far away, and since it is weekend, I\'ve taken the time to try a compilation of PS CVS and all the other things, which are needed. It worked out so far on my Athlon64, which it didn\'t a few months ago.
After solving a problem with pssetup (mouse pointer wasn\'t displayed), I ran into a yet unsolved problem, the iSoundManager plugin does not seem to be available.

I\'ve pasted a verbose output from the client at:
http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/89K54762.html

My system is an Athlon64 with gentoo linux. And I\'ve followed the instructions given in the CVS howto given at http://www16.brinkster.com/acraig/planeshift/building.html
I\'ve taken the CVS version of everything, except for jam, where I used the recent version in gentoo (jam-2.5)

I\'ve tried to comment out all sound related plugins in psclient.cfg, without success.

Edit I \"rejamed\" planeshift and recognized, that two errors occur:

jam
src/tools/partview/Jamfile: No such file or directory
...patience...
...found 1543 target(s)...
...updating 2 target(s)...
LinkPlugin pfcharacterdata.so
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.1/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: ./out/linux/optimize/src/common/psprop/character/stdpcimp.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
./out/linux/optimize/src/common/psprop/character/stdpcimp.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

g++ -o pfcharacterdata.so ./out/linux/optimize/src/common/psprop/character/stdpcimp.o ./out/linux/optimize/src/common/psprop/character/pschardata.o  ./out/linux/optimize/src/common/util/libpsutil.a ./out/linux/optimize/src/common/rpgrules/libpsrpgrules.a  -L/home/tobi/CVS/CS/./out/linux/debug/libs/csutil -L/home/tobi/CVS/CS/./out/linux/debug/libs/cstool -L/home/tobi/CVS/CS/./out/linux/debug/libs/csgfx -L/home/tobi/CVS/CS/./out/linux/debug/libs/csgeom -L/home/tobi/CVS/CS/./out/linux/debug/libs/csws -lcstool  -lcsgfx -lcsgeom -lcsutil -lpthread -lz  -lm -ldl -lnsl -L/usr/local/lib -g3  -shared \\
      -Wl,-soname,pfcharacterdata.so

...failed LinkPlugin pfcharacterdata.so ...
LinkPlugin pssound.so
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.1/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: ./out/linux/optimize/src/client/sound/pssoundmngr.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
./out/linux/optimize/src/client/sound/pssoundmngr.o: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

g++ -o pssound.so ./out/linux/optimize/src/client/sound/pssoundmngr.o  ./out/linux/optimize/src/common/util/libpsutil.a  -L/home/tobi/CVS/CS/./out/linux/debug/libs/csutil -L/home/tobi/CVS/CS/./out/linux/debug/libs/cstool -L/home/tobi/CVS/CS/./out/linux/debug/libs/csgfx -L/home/tobi/CVS/CS/./out/linux/debug/libs/csgeom -L/home/tobi/CVS/CS/./out/linux/debug/libs/csws -lcstool  -lcsgfx -lcsgeom -lcsutil -lpthread -lz  -lm -ldl -lnsl -L/usr/local/lib -g3  -shared \\
      -Wl,-soname,pssound.so

...failed LinkPlugin pssound.so ...
...failed updating 2 target(s)...

maybe someone got an idea how to fix this. Is there a way to run jam with the proposed g++ option (-fPIC)? And would it help?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 09:56:40 am by Kundalf »
-- take care --

visit my favored site  ;)

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 10:03:15 am »
Ok, first thing is, on 64bit systems you HAVE to ./configure CS, cel and PS with the CFLAGS=-fPIC option. This isn\'t mentioned in acraigs guide, because that  was written for a x86 system.

Try that and tell me how it goes.

Kundalf

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 08:09:15 am »
compilation works fine now...

iSoundManager doesn\'t complain anymore....
« Last Edit: December 24, 2004, 08:11:47 am by Kundalf »
-- take care --

visit my favored site  ;)

Hales

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 08:16:35 pm »
Yeah, that worked for me fine also. He should *really* note that in his guide, it would save a lot of time and trouble.