Author Topic: " SLOW PUTER? HERE'S AN IDEA!"  (Read 920 times)

ELPHAN

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
" SLOW PUTER? HERE'S AN IDEA!"
« on: January 09, 2005, 07:11:24 am »
\" RUN MSCONFIG UTILITY  ; TO STOP ALL THOSE ANOYING BACKGROUND SERVICES!  THIS IS DONE BY CLICKING ON THE START ICON ; THEN CLICK ON RUN UTILITY, THEN SELECTING .... SELECTIVE STARTUP...... UNCHECK THE FOUR BOXES ;UNDERNEATH SELECTIVE STARTUP....... THEN CLICK ON SERVICES AND  SELECT HIDE ALL MICROSOFT SERVICES AND REBOOT ... (THIS IS A CLEAN BOOT METHOD) ...... Hope it helps ...   Worked for me in Xp!!!

Gwythenek

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 09:47:23 am »
Are you raving mad?

I don\'t think you should listen to him, your computer simply wouldn\'t work if you did this, and you would have to boot into safe-mode, im sure.

P.S. Drop the caps.

EDIT: P.P.S I call for a Thread-Lock :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 09:50:23 am by Gwythenek »

Harkin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 04:32:03 pm »
dont listen to him for sure, and im pretty sure the person is confused... and again if no one understands... don\'t do this, you can damage your computer by stopping needed processes, and we dont want that, do we?
I am just a figment of you imagination and a byproduct of the worse accident ever... ... or so my mommy says!
Imagine your life ripped to hundreds of shreds, then think about how you just stepped in poo, welcome to my world.

-Scott

Plutonic

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 12:59:57 pm »
actually, there is some sence in what he says - ignoring the caps.

you should keep the 4 boxes on the first page as they are as these are fine (booting without system.ini is just silly, although NOT dangerous as the two above said) - however removing all the shit from the startup tap is a very good idea - getting rid of not only dodgey spyware that you havent cleaned and some of those more annoying things like quicktime and winamp agents which do nothing usefull. If you turn off important things from here many will boot up when needed anyway and the rest can be easily turned back on again.

Shadowfalcon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 01:17:00 pm »
This can be helpful IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING! Any computer illiterate persons out there SHOULD NOT do what he says, as you could screw up your comp, and not know how to fix it.

Kramy

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 01:38:10 pm »
Yes, it works in WinXP(I guess), but in any other version of windows you\'re removing info needed to load your comp properly. This would especially cause problems in the Win9x line, since it has most of the windows settings in the files that you wouldn\'t load.

Xen

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 04:29:05 pm »
yes it is safe if you know what you are doing, i normally use this program to make my comp go faster
In game I am Xenogis, and Dragnon
~~~~~~~
****, CB Rox