Author Topic: connection problems  (Read 1028 times)

PDW

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
connection problems
« on: January 07, 2005, 10:08:58 am »
I downloaded the client today, and started playing. After 5mins of wondering around Demarthi gives me a couple of tips, then nothing happens for a moment and I get an error saying that i\'m \"linkdead\". Since then i\'ve not been able to connect to the server, the client always describes the server status as \"fail\". Did the server die or is there some other problem?

PS. Everything regarding my internet connection is fine, i\'m not running firewalls or anything of this nature.

Randalp

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 10:16:32 am »
as of now i\'am linkdead aswell :) and all pings fail... so pretty big chance they are resetting the server or it just crashed.

Wiseman in the Knowledge Seekers Guild Let the wisdom fill the world

PDW

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 10:17:41 am »
port 7354 seems to be closed on laanx.fragnetics.com, so it looks like the answer is yes, or maybe i\'m just being ignored. heh. laanx.fragnetics.com is pretty lagged (I get an average ping of 340ms from that host)

Randalp

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 10:18:23 am »
lol that is low my average ping is 500ms :P

Wiseman in the Knowledge Seekers Guild Let the wisdom fill the world

PDW

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 10:20:35 am »
ouch :) Maybe you could give me (aka, Unreal) a bit of help when the server is back up :P

PDW

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 11:34:58 am »
heh, not much point starting another thread so i\'ll say it here. the controlling of this game is pretty damn gay. although the graphics aren\'t terrible, people don\'t help much, they expect everyone to be as familiar with the game as they are. i\'m off to find a better MMORPG. have a nice day after reading this :)

Arzosah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 11:53:06 am »
Originally posted by PDW
heh, not much point starting another thread so i\'ll say it here. the controlling of this game is pretty damn gay. although the graphics aren\'t terrible, people don\'t help much, they expect everyone to be as familiar with the game as they are. i\'m off to find a better MMORPG. have a nice day after reading this :)

1. You can change the controls
2. People do help, but don\'t expect others to explain you how to do a quest!
3. This is not a MMORPG. It\'s an alpha version of a MMORPG.
4. A nice day to you too!

PDW

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2005, 04:05:58 am »
I know I can change the controls. I was talking about the interfacing between mouse and keyboard. At least after pressing \'m\' a couple of times you could look and turn with the mouse, the bad thing was, the turning was slow, even after changing the sensitivity to full. Maybe the server lagging so badly was one of the causes for that, but I doubt it. Either way, it didn\'t make for an enjoyable experience having to sit there moving your mouse a mile each time to turn in different directions. I wasn\'t asking for help about quests, I was asking for help about the absolute basics: ie. how to earn cash starting from absolutely nothing.  Everyone except Demarthi were useless, and she disappeared after the server died :)
\"3. This is not a MMORPG. It\'s an alpha version of a MMORPG\"  <-- there\'s not much point making excuses for things that shouldn\'t be so crappy to begin with. This was the first medievil//whatever MMORPG I actually thought \"hmm, this could be good\", but like other games similair to this, I was very disappointed. Once again, don\'t bother making excuses for things, i\'m just giving my opinion, i\'m sure other people think the same :)

Quantum

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
My experience
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 03:33:40 am »
I was able to download and register this game. I also was able to create a character after many reconnects though some features seem to be unavailable yet. Then finally I started playing and was impressed by the many different features and graphical feel. I  ran into another noob and we teamed up to conquer rats but just before I made it to the sewer side the connection went dead. I have been unable to get connected again as of the time I wrote this but I see a very high potential in this virtuaworld\'s future congrates to all the hard work put in to this project .
If there is anything I could do to contribute contact me via quantumcat49@yahoo.com  what would be really cool is a parallel virtual server distributed amongst patrons in a decentralized network.

Sincerely,
                          Daniel Hazelton Waters
                          Quantumcat49@yahoo.com

P.S. I cant wait untill I have a stable connection

mithrandir

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005, 03:51:43 am »
The developers have just taken the server down for a few hours, in order to try and fix a problem.

Hopefully this should make your connection a lot more stable in the future, so just hang tight, and give the game a go in a few hours.
Melwesul

Flaipe

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 12:36:11 pm »
Hi everyone , i have same problem with connection hang in PS and the server isn\'t availlable today . My average ping when it works is about 450 ms . Very high and i lost connection (linkdead problem) especially when i am in the sewer hunting some one eyed rats . Well it\'s a beta version of PS , we can expect a lot more for all the futur PS patches , i think it will be a good MMORPG when finished .

Kramy

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005, 01:33:42 pm »
Originally posted by PDW
port 7354 seems to be closed on laanx.fragnetics.com, so it looks like the answer is yes, or maybe i\'m just being ignored. heh. laanx.fragnetics.com is pretty lagged (I get an average ping of 340ms from that host)

I get on average 300ms ping.

Originally posted by PDW
people don\'t help much, they expect everyone to be as familiar with the game as they are.

Yeah, that sucks. So far I\'ve found about 3 helpful people that gave me info when I didn\'t know what to do. It only cost me 200 tria, aswell. :D