Author Topic: Crashed Whilst Loading Section!?  (Read 514 times)

noXide

Crashed Whilst Loading Section!?
« on: August 07, 2005, 05:53:37 pm »
Hi it seems i cant log back in, i was crossing the loading section to enter akkaio from oja road an crashed in the load now when i try to log in it goes to load the map the bar reaches complete but jst hangs, i\'ve left it for about 15 minutes but nothing..
Is there any solution to this, have re-tried many times but nothing.

Would it be possible to change my nxt loading spot ?

Thanks for your time.

Darkhack

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 06:03:56 pm »
Post your character name and hopefully a GM will see this and will move your character for you.
RP Name: Vegoz
(pronounced \"vee-goes\" and although it ends in a z, it is a very soft z, to where it is bascially an s sound.)

noXide

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 06:07:58 pm »
Noxide... is my characters name :)

Move me.. please... Some one must have the power

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 08:11:06 pm »
It\'s impossible to teleport offline characters.   :(   (based on the fact that the request for this exact feature is still pending on BugTracker...)  Though, because your status is declared as \"online\" long before you\'re loaded, it might be possible for someone to teleport you while you\'re stalled at the loading screen...

::  PlaneShift Team Programmer  ::

Darkhack

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 08:55:26 pm »
Well it might be impossible for a GM to move someone while they are offline however if someone has access to the database (talad, i would think?) they can edit it so that your character is in a different location.  Try PMing him about it.
RP Name: Vegoz
(pronounced \"vee-goes\" and although it ends in a z, it is a very soft z, to where it is bascially an s sound.)

zabeal

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 02:55:35 am »
There are three problems that can come while changing zones- one caused by weather which shouldn\'t happen anymore, on due to sound and a new one. If you are having problems where it keeps loading a new zone, try walking thru slowly, and pressing forward just at the end. But if you as soon as you log out it should be fixed anyways.
Anouther option would be to change the map options in setup, but most people cannot click the buttons right now.

Lux perpetua luceat eis

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 03:11:33 am »
Originally posted by zabeal
most people cannot click the buttons right now.

Just change those options manually in psclient.cfg.
bottom of psclient.cfg:
Planeshift.Client.Loading.AllMaps = false
Planeshift.Client.Loading.KeepMaps = false

Just change to true or false.

noXide

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 03:36:50 am »
Thanks for all your help, guess i\'ll give the cfg\'s a go..

noXide

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 08:10:44 am »
Awesome, loading all maps failed but uninstalled eventually and re updated problem solved.

Thanks for all your input though... ;)

Electrokah

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 09:59:25 am »
Originally posted by noXide
Hi it seems i cant log back in, i was crossing the loading section to enter akkaio from oja road an crashed in the load now when i try to log in it goes to load the map the bar reaches complete but jst hangs, i\'ve left it for about 15 minutes but nothing..
Is there any solution to this, have re-tried many times but nothing.

Would it be possible to change my nxt loading spot ?

Thanks for your time.

Hey i have the same problem, after the character wipe i try to log in and imigrate my character, i left it on all night trying to load up akkaio, while i was sleeping and i woke up and the game was not even opened anymore, but i logged on again this morning and i could see my character in the selection screen, last time i played the game i was in akkaio, and thats what city it shows on the loading screen, so i guess its trying to load me up in akkaio, and it would be nice if i could get a little help...

My character name is \"Electrokah\"

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2005, 04:01:03 pm »
Originally posted by DaveG
It\'s impossible to teleport offline characters.   :(   (based on the fact that the request for this exact feature is still pending on BugTracker...)

It\'s not pending anymore...  :))
from cvs: planeshift/planeshift/docs/history.txt
*** 2005-10-10 by Michael Gist
-- Added the ability for a GM to teleport a offline player. (Change the location where they will login next)

This new feature is on its way, because so many people had problems with login points post-wipe.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 04:01:51 pm by DaveG »