Author Topic: MUST READ ASAP  (Read 822 times)

DarthZeth

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
MUST READ ASAP
« on: September 30, 2002, 06:52:21 am »
Why is it every time i try to connect and when my game is laoding it has loading: loading basic textures
initalizing character
initalizing GUI
 and when initalizing World it freezes up on me do you know why it does that for ?(

Azameth

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2002, 09:32:30 am »
Are you running XP?  Does it work in software mode?  If so, you might want to try changing the compatibility settings for the games .exe file.  Try the following:

- locate the \"psclient.exe\" file
- select its properties
- select the compatibility tab
- change the compatibility mode to \"Windows 98/ME\"

I just got the game to work in opengl mode doing this.  It still crashes when I try to quit the game though.  :rolleyes:

Cthulu

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2002, 11:14:18 am »
How many times do we have to go over this? It does not freeze on the Initializing world part, it just takes a while to load. Think about it logically, the GUI and characters are small, but the world, in comparison, is huge, therefore it would take a lot longer to load it that the others.
~Cthulu

Xolon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2002, 11:32:58 am »
the game crash u get after you changed the compatibillity is a side-effect of it. You\'ll get it after you changed the \'compat.\' into 98/me...

-Xolon-

Kiva

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2002, 03:34:10 pm »
Besides, General Discussion isn\'t the place to post this sort of things. Please do it in the Technical part of the forum. Thank you. :)

(Oh god, I\'m starting to sound like a moderator)  :(  ;(  :(
\"Somewhere over the rainbow...\"