Author Topic: the screen is huge !! I tried everything !  (Read 734 times)

Kurim

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
the screen is huge !! I tried everything !
« on: September 18, 2002, 07:59:16 pm »
I\'ve tried to fix it every way i could think of, even going into the data file and fixing the screen size manually, no matter what size i edit it too, it never actually changes, it just stays the same enormous size. I can\'t create a character or exit properly or even see the title of the game because of how over sized it is, it cuts off a lot of the buttons. I would really like to try this game out, so i want to know if anyone here can help me out with this?

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2002, 11:58:57 pm »
Well First, You cant try the game out, this is just  a tech demo, you cant do anything in the demo except talk and walk around a small town, you cant go in buildings or nothing just walk around, I would just wait untill the next release in few weeks or something.
The Great Linksunius

Cyonamie

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2002, 04:08:56 pm »
Are you saving it over the old .cfg file? Some people seem to save it as .txt or something, remember to save over the old file(and make a back up copy and case you mess up!)

Kurim

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2002, 07:28:16 pm »
i actually did save it over the old file, every tim ei edited it, it still made no difference. And yeah i know all you can do is walk around and talk, but still, i wanted to see how good the graphics are ect. Just get a taste of what it will be like in the future if you know what i mean. But you\'re right, i might as well just wait untill the next version comes out.

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2002, 03:09:07 pm »
Look for other cfg files in other subdirectories (for example, user.cfg or so) and make sure none of them have the same resolution settings as the psclient.cfg one.  Something may be overriding those values.

- Vengeance

halfmoon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
huge screen
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2002, 03:22:54 pm »
i had the same problem.

screen redolution was set at 800 x 600.

set it to 1260 x 760  or close enough to get all
    on screen.

HALFMOON
« Last Edit: September 25, 2002, 03:24:03 pm by halfmoon »

Xolon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2002, 12:44:57 am »
did u set the game on fullscreen?
maybe you still got it in a window wich is larger then your screen, but in fullscreen it will be fixed..

-Xolon-

Strata

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2002, 10:28:38 am »
IT dosent really matter. but just change your screen size to that big one. dont worry u havent been missing anything :O

LanceHeart

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2002, 07:12:52 pm »
Well, if possible, could someone put a mini-walkthrough for changing window size on the site?

Or maybe include a size changer in-game for the different resolutions... (EverQuest has this and so does Helbreath)