Author Topic: Problems problems...  (Read 943 times)

RoberetGoldsmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Problems problems...
« on: February 15, 2010, 08:14:34 pm »
Oh Planeshift, how you are so close yet so far.

Downloaded the latest update, all good there, installation, all good there. Click on the magic PS button and I get this.

C:/Program Files/PlaneShift/pslaunch.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

I have reinstalled   two times now, still the same. I  think my computer specs is up to date. I mean I don't know the details but the computer can handle far better(Also this game worked like a beauty before, internet connection can  annoy though lol   :@#\). Also I don't think it is the issue, I must have gone wrong some where down the line. But I just can't think where.

Also, there is  no updater avaliable which I find strange and may be the issue. ???

Addeline

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Problems problems...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 08:23:15 pm »
Assuming you are running on Windows you need the C++ Redistributable Package from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

RoberetGoldsmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 09:06:34 pm »

RoberetGoldsmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 10:09:08 pm »
Aha! It works! Thank  you, seems a simple fix. Forgive me for my ignorance on this lol.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 02:26:34 am »
I wonder if the installer package of version 0.5.1.1 still does not yet include the runtimes?! This issue is already known for quite some time.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

RoberetGoldsmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Problems problems...part 2
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 10:19:03 am »
I was tempted to start another thread but that would be a waste. I have a 2nd problem sadly, but I shall prevail!

So I have some incorrect files according to the integrity check when I click the repair button. So when it comes to downloading the correct files I have zero progress what so ever. The downloading percentage has remained zero every time I have tried it. Once again any solutions is much appreciated :) My internet is working perfectly for once so I don't think it is that.

The file it is downloading firstly is the  art/materials.zip file, plenty to go after that though. If I ever get there  ;D.

bilbous

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 10:41:10 am »
That file is particularly large so if it is coming slowly it will look like it is not coming at all. Perhaps they could add the whirling bar instead of the dots as indication that the download is proceeding. Even a continuous count of bytes downloaded would be better than what it is currently. That file is 150-odd megabytes so if there is a dot every 10% complete you still have to wait 15+ mB for the first one. If your download rate is in kB ... well you get the picture.

RoberetGoldsmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 11:11:31 am »
0% download fail :/

Now it is attempting art/meshes.zip

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 02:37:11 am »
The updater is usually quite slow and the connection uses to stall and timeout. Downloading the installer (via BitTorrent) was much faster.

Did you really install version 0.5.1? ... If you "need" to repair, it sounds like you started with version 0.5.0?!

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

RoberetGoldsmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 05:19:16 pm »
Maybe(at least I believe so,it did say it on the download :/) , but all is good kinda. Can now get on to the game but like I said the Art meshes and art matieral file are not being helpful and I have yet to download. Making  planeshift a multicoloured nightmare, getting there though :).

RoberetGoldsmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 06:42:24 pm »
To be more precise

Files

art/materials.zip
 art/meshes.zip

Just will not work, closest I got materials to was 50% then it failed. Every other download from repair is fine, worked like a charm and downloaded perfectly. Including another version of the client its self, I think so anyway.

I think it is just a case of  try try and try again.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 06:54:42 pm by RoberetGoldsmith »

Khaki

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 08:56:02 am »
Try deleting the files that are having problems before you do the repair.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 09:37:15 am »
Still won't solve the problem that the download from the one and only update server is rather slow and unreliable. He may need more mirrors to chose from.

See also his other thread...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador