Author Topic: "could not load plugin 'crystalspace.sndsys.renderer.null'"  (Read 989 times)

NoriMori

• Traveller
    • View Profile
A little background — I started playing this game yesterday; everything went very smoothly with zero problems, and so far am extremely satisfied with the experience. However, today, I was trying to find a certain location when I left Hydlaa through the Octarch Way gate, and while exploring a forest path I experienced a bug that made me fall through the "fabric" of the game, and before I could "unstick", the game tried to reload, but got stuck. I quit the game and tried to log back in, but of course it puts you in the same place that you left off, so I was still in the glitchy area, and could not unstick. The game kept trying to "reposition" me, but it wasn't working no matter how much it tried. So I quit the game again, but now when I "join", the world won't load.

THE PROBLEM:

Now, when I first start PlaneShift, as it's loading I see the error message: "could not load plugin 'crystalspace.sndsys.renderer.null'"; I haven't had this error message until the problem I explained above came to fruition. No matter how many times I try, when I click "join", the world never loads. It just says "Loading… Requesting connection", and does nothing at all. There's nothing wrong with my internet connection, I already checked that. I'm suspicious of the "crystalspace" message because that's the only thing that's different between before this happened and after this happened.

Specs:

Mac OS X 10.5.8
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:05:24 pm by NoriMori »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: "could not load plugin 'crystalspace.sndsys.renderer.null'"
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 02:06:31 pm »
I would say go into the IRC channel #planeshift-gmtalk, explain what happened and ask a GM to move you.

NoriMori

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 02:07:53 pm »
I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by "IRC channel". What exactly do I do? And when you say "move me", if you mean reposition my character, that's not the immediate issue at hand — before I can do anything I need to be able to load the game in the first place.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 02:10:18 pm »
IRC is a type of chat as far as I understand it but if your character is in a different place you might not have a loading problem. what is your character's name?

NoriMori

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 02:12:01 pm »
Oh, that's true. My character's name is Kamara Chasma. But, does anyone know what relevance this "crystalspace" message might have with my problem?

And I still don't know how to do the IRC channel thing you mentioned — could you tell me step-by-step what to do?

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 02:14:49 pm »
No idea about the CrystalSpace thing, but as for the IRC, I asked a GM for you. Give it a few minutes and then try again. The instructions are on the planeshift website I believe, but first you need an IRC client or to use the webchat on the planeshift site.

NoriMori

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 02:19:17 pm »
Um, okay, thank you… I'm in the IRC channel now, but how do I talk to people…? Also, how do I know which people are GMs?

Ah, I know how to talk to people now… But I still don't know how to identify GMS… XD
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:25:02 pm by NoriMori »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 02:24:09 pm »
you should be able to just type and hit enter, to talk. Can you load now?

NoriMori

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 02:26:35 pm »
No, I cannot. XD But I am talking to a GM as we speak, and hopefully this person will be able to help me. :) Thank you very much.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 02:29:00 pm »
You are welcome. :)