Author Topic: "NSIS ERROR"  (Read 777 times)

Mason

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
"NSIS ERROR"
« on: June 24, 2003, 02:54:40 am »
I downloaded the five parts, and the Ressambler .. I double clicked the run_me_first file, and it created the .exe file. I double clicked that and it gave me this error.

---------------------------------------
       NSIS ERROR
---------------------------------------

Installer corrupted or incomplete.

This could be the result of a failed download or a corruption caused by a virus.

If desperate, Try the /NCRC command line switch (Not recommended)

Since I have no idea what /NCRC command line switch is .. I had no choice to bother the good people of PlaneShift .. Obviously I waited about 30 minutes + for the installer to do anything it mightve done later on, but it did nothing different. So its not that I quit or canceled the installer before the program had been finished. I dont have a virus and the downloads didnt fail.

Please help!

- Mason
~ The one who walks in the dark,    ~
 ~  Not that hes stealthy, Just short. ~

Mason

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Thanks alot (Sarcastic)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 08:31:57 pm »
Thanks alot for all your help jerks, This was up for 3 days or so .. 6 viewings including my first one. You guys are a real help, I suggest if you wish to run a successful game you ACTUALLY help the players. Rot in hell.

~ Mason

Morgenes

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 09:40:00 am »
be patient, i\'ve posted with a friend for a problem with the server compilation ... and we\'ve no response since .... too long :baby:

i think it\'s the heat whitch slow them a bit ...
  Morgenes
-- All we are is dust in the wind. --

Mason

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Grrr ..
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 09:44:45 am »
I know about game making, how its takes long, and all that. You gotta get some special people to watch over the boards, ESPECIALLY this part.

~Mason

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2003, 11:02:17 am »
Mason, you got this problem because you did not successfully download all 5 parts completely before you concatenated them together into the installation file.  If you had read the instructions and followed them you would know this.

As I have answered this same question at least 100 times, I nominate you to answer it for the next 100 people who post this problem, since you know so much about customer service.

- Vengeance

Mason

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Funny I did read through the instructions ..
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2003, 01:17:49 pm »
Funny thing I DID read through the instructions word for word. So I have to wait another 3 + hours for the 5 parts to download so I can get that message again? You nominate me to answer the questions? What if I refuse? Its not written anywhere that I am forced to take any job thrust at me because they dont have the experience or man power.

~ Mason

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2003, 01:25:26 pm »
Mason, chill out. Relax. If you dont want the job and the free sportcar, the yacht and all the babes, fine with me. But dont keep yelling here, you have been presented with a solution. I suggets you try it out before whining again.
Cheers.
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

Mason

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2003, 04:02:37 pm »
Oh, thats so funny .. So funny .. Wait .. NO IT ISNT. Iam just angry that I was ignored untill I said something to insult them and of course they jump onto the prowl. Heres some advice, You want a successful game, Get Board Moderator\'s who JUST moderator the boards. Especially this one. The more players you help on Technical Help, The more players you have actually playing the game.

~ Mason

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2003, 05:24:59 pm »
Originally posted by Mason
Oh, thats so funny .. So funny .. Wait .. NO IT ISNT. Iam just angry that I was ignored untill I said something to insult them and of course they jump onto the prowl. Heres some advice, You want a successful game, Get Board Moderator\'s who JUST moderator the boards. Especially this one. The more players you help on Technical Help, The more players you have actually playing the game.

~ Mason

Well the main thing is that the only ones who know how to fix the problems are the programmers.. like acraig and vengeance, who also moderate and administer the forum board... and if you bothered to read through the numerous posts I think you would find your problem.. and the solution..
but now you got your answer, the hard way, and managed to bother the devs who have their hands full with the actually making the game.. they are just tired of answering the same problems over and over again, so stop acting so n00bish and calm down...

Mason

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2003, 05:48:16 pm »
Guess what? I went through the bleepin' topics WAY back there and I got jack shit to help me. Why dont you go mind your own bussiness? This doesnt involve you. Why dont the programmers just get an index of errors that they have discovered already, and hand them out to the Moderators to use when someone needs help. Its that simple.

~ Mason

Edited for language.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 10:19:01 pm by Karyuu »

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2003, 07:12:44 pm »
Secret: the forums have a search function.

Just for fun, Mason, press this link. http://www.planeshift3d.com/wbboard/search.php?boardid=17&searchid=3&showposts=0
« Last Edit: June 27, 2003, 07:15:28 pm by ParaSite »
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

Mason

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2003, 01:20:25 pm »
Thanks ParaSite, You see .. He at least helped me instead of insult me, Saying I was acting \"n00bish\". Thats what Moderator\'s do. They help people, not like Vengeance simply telling me he had this problem before. Anyways .. Ill re- download it, wait 3 hours and hope for the best.

~ Mason
« Last Edit: June 28, 2003, 01:20:38 pm by Mason »

kozz

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2003, 01:42:23 pm »
i get the exact same error. what is the reason and what can i do?

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2003, 01:48:02 pm »
Originally posted by kozz
i get the exact same error. what is the reason and what can i do?

You got this problem because you did not successfully download all 5 parts completely before you concatenated them together into the installation file. If you had read the instructions and followed them you would know this.

Download all the files again.
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

Commando

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2003, 11:38:21 am »
The /NCRC switch, i would gues it stands for No CRC, CRC are mostly used to check if files are not modifyed or damged, so basicly, i think that switch just take u pass the CRC checking system
Commando R-I-P