Author Topic: "NSIS ERROR"  (Read 776 times)

Jambon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
NSIS error
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2003, 11:56:23 pm »
I have the same error.  I have downloaded all the files twice, and both times I have had the same error message.

I have also downloaded md5sum.exe this time, and run it through MS-DOS prompt (DOS mock-up in Windows).  It comes up with the message \"No such file: -\".  I know this is a message from md5sum.exe because Dos would say \"bad command or filename\" if I had typed the path wrong.

I have also tried the /ncrc switch, and it just comes up with the NSIS error again.

This is mainly to back up Mason - I know they don\'t know what\'s wrong.  I think you were very rude to him.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2003, 09:43:36 am »
Mason, there any many people who regularly answer questions in the Technical and Newbie help sections. We help people with problems that are not so obvious to fix as this one. I\'m sorry, but we\'re not babysitters.

\"...could be the cause of corrupt or incomplete download...\"
Doesn\'t that spark any kind of thought in your brain at all?

Also, I think ParaSite was being slightly sarcastic (as if it wasn\'t obvious) in pointing out the search button. It is, after all, clearly visible on all pages of the forum.

As for your \"mind your own business\" comment, that\'s exactly what you\'re complaining about isn\'t it? Make up your mind- you either want to be spoonfed or you don\'t.

Sorry for the attack but I found your manner insulting and childish. If you cannot construct basic mental thoughts for yourself, I don\'t see why we keep on having to.

Jambon: Are you sure you have placed all 5 parts plus the .bat file in the same folder? Are you also sure that, for the second download, you *actually* downloaded them again and not just pulled them up from a temp folder? To answer this question, just tell me how long it took you to download the files 2nd time round. If it only took a few seconds, then you havn\'t redownloaded them at all and I suggest you clear your temp folders and download them again.

Seker

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2003, 04:56:20 pm »
Hello all... I don\'t want to get caught up in any arguments here... I respect all those involved in such a project here. I just wanted to add I have had this same issue after downloading all files over three full times. The downloads were full and not anything like copying from a temp directory. I guess I just want to ask, what\'s with the installation process? I\'ve installed countless apps and games but this one is pretty unique... I have seen many large files \"cut-up\" into smaller segments but the run_me_first.BAT is sort of odd. Will there be an alternative someday to this process? It\'s only... what 90MG\'s total? I\'d be very happy with one large playmenowdamnit.EXE   hehe

Anyway... good luck on planeshift folks... it\'s just not my time to play I suppose, but believe you me, I will be back someday to try again ;)

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2003, 05:15:01 pm »
I\'m sure the installation process will change dramatically when the Alpha and Beta versions come about. Also the size will increase as more content is added.

Jambon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2003, 03:58:24 am »
I am absolutely sure I downloaded them off the internet, and into the same directory/folder.

It took me about an hour to an hour and a half to download it all (I have ADSL).

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2003, 11:21:03 am »
Huh? Thats slow. Took me 20 min.

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2003, 11:40:24 am »
Originally posted by Mason
Guess what? I went through the bleepin' topics WAY back there and I got jack shit to help me.
~ Mason

Well this just clearly shows just how much of a n00b you are... :rolleyes:

Edited for language in original quote.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 10:18:35 pm by Karyuu »

Jambon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2003, 06:50:46 pm »
What the heck is that supposed to mean?  If you can\'t help us, just say so, and quit insulting us.

Jambon.