Author Topic: [Linux] Sound causes lockups with keyboard !  (Read 241 times)

melixfr

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
[Linux] Sound causes lockups with keyboard !
« on: January 04, 2004, 11:46:53 am »
Hi,

Running Linux Fedora Core 1, NVidia opengl driver

I have found some threads of people getting the same issue : whenever you hit some key, the game will hang, and there will finally appear a list of messages onto the console :

input buffer full

After some investigation, I have found that when I disable the sound plugin into psclient.cfg, there\'s no hang at all.

Any idea ?

Grakrim

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 08:49:53 am »
I\'m on Gentoo and I\'ve had the same problem, although I\'m somewhat confused by your meaning in \"whenever you hit some key\"; is it any key in particular?  Just curious, since it seems whenever I\'ve recieved the error its been when I\'ve left the client idle, but I haven\'t recieved that particular error too many times, so I\'m not entirely sure as to its cause.

As for disabling the sound plugin, it could potentially be some bug in Crystalspace, but that doesn\'t seem too likely to me...

Oh well, not like you need sound...

[edit]
Although, now that I think about it, \"Input Buffer Full\" sounds pretty suspicious.  When I first got the error, I assumed it was some sort of network buffer; does the error occur when you hold a key, remove focus from psclient, and then release the key?  I\'m not sure what that has to do with sound though...
[/edit]
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 08:53:55 am by Grakrim »
\" I think you should just follow Grakrim\'s advice ;)\"

\"A universe is enough for more than one opinion.\" - Maxximus