Author Topic: "/buddy give" command bug :(  (Read 1113 times)

Sirthomatine

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
"/buddy give" command bug :(
« on: January 07, 2004, 06:04:19 am »
Hi, I\'m Sirthomatine, a Bloodclaw Inc. Guild member.

Today, I would like to help an other member of my guild named Otharor to buy a weapon. So I had use the \"/buddy give \" command. I give him 179 rubys and 15 emeralds, and the server tell : \"You give 179 rubys to Otharor\" and \"You give 15 emeralds to Otharor\"... But he had only receive 96 rubys and 10 emeralds :(
So I thinks It\'s a bug, but I don\'t know where I can report it. If it\'s here, can you help me ? Else, Where can I report this bug ?

Kayden

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Explorers Guild
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 07:22:35 am »
I\'ve seen this too. I was given 14 R, and I saw the message:
> soandso has given you 14 R.
(name removed...)

...but my inventory only had 7 rubies, which I believe I already had.

Also a day earlier someone tried to give me some emeralds, and said she did, but I never received any. I had presumed it was user error. I\'ve heard numerous reports of this over the last few days... Yet it works most of the time - it is an intermittent bug. I successfully completed 4 trades tonight...

It\'s only shown up recently - I wonder if it is related to the latest bugfix?

Still running the code from Gentoo\'s tarball here; I haven\'t updated my client in ages.

--Nilaya
Kayden - WTB Developer / Engine Team
Nilaya and Kalyan Kaeli - The Explorers Guild

Sirthomatine

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
"/buddy give" command bug :(
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 08:57:33 am »
Further informations :
Time : 2003 01 07 (11h Paris, France)
Processor : AMD Athlon XP 1700+
RAM : 768 MB
VideoCard : GeForce 4 Ti 4200 AGP 8x (MSI)
VideoCard memory : 64 MB
PS Client Version : 0.2.010
Mode : OpenGL

Omissis

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 09:04:10 am »
I have experienced the same bug, two times in the same day. I gave 2 Diamonds and 200 rubies, for a mug, to Myysst and she received only 100 rubies, and another time i gave away 10 emeralds for a diamond and the guy who received the emerald told me that all his emeralds was vanished. It\'s a bug inside me or is it more general?
Thanks
Omissis the \'bad\' Alchemist

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 09:13:36 am »
Are you sure you havn\'t tried moving your crystals around incase the inventory just hasn\'t been updated?

Omissis

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 10:36:19 am »
You have to tell that to Myysst, but i think she had tried everything. And these \'bugs\' didn\'t happen to me but to the people with which i have bartered. In my inventory all has gone well.  And the yellow messages in the high part of the chat box well described all the barters.
That\'s odd.

Omissis the \'bad\' Alchemist

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 10:46:36 am »
hmm... weird...  I used this command countless times and it always worked...
oh and Myysst is \'he\'
AKA Skald

Kayden

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Explorers Guild
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2004, 03:43:10 pm »
They are right, Moogie. I\'ve seen /buddy give fail several times. It\'s only been happening recently, perhaps since the fix for Ezman\'s crystal bug.

It does work much of the time. It only fails intermittently. I know they were given, and I know I didn\'t have them.

I even received a message,
> someone has given you 14 rubies
...yet I only had 7 in my inventory. I believe I had those already. Yes, I did refresh my inventory.

Nothing too valuable traded here, but I can confirm seeing it personally. I believe Xenia experienced it as well...I\'ve heard countless stories of it failing, and only since the latest bugfix. Yet again, it only fails some of the time.

--Nilaya
Kayden - WTB Developer / Engine Team
Nilaya and Kalyan Kaeli - The Explorers Guild

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2004, 04:43:08 pm »
Okay, I went and made sure they were aware of it. I doubt it\'ll be fixed though; apparently they don\'t like touching the old code anymore, and it\'s not important. :P

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2004, 09:15:35 pm »
If I am given the last source version and what has changed in it (Ezman\'s bug fix), I may try to find some time to check if it has any incidence on my original /give code. Like Draklar, I have used it many times without a single failure, and I never heard of such a failure before, since July.

I am really surprised by the description of the problem because there shouldn\'t be a failure on the server side when the transaction occurs (unless the connection between the PS server and the SQL server is really buggy, which I doubt). Anyway, the code was written to take failures into account, and in such an improbable case, the donor should receive a message and the item should be put back in his/her inventory. Of course, messages can sometimes be lost or sent to erroneous clients. In any case, either the transaction succeeds or it fails, but the amount can\'t change, in the original version anyway. It is done in one operation, not one crystal at a time  ;)

If someone has this problem again, the donor should check whether the items were given back or not.

The client wasn\'t changed, by the way, it would have caused too much trouble updating all of them. The mod was only on the server side. That\'s why the inventory is not updated on the client side. Usually, closing it and opening it again does the trick  ;)

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2004, 02:04:03 pm »
Any answer ?

Taldor

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Tinker (traveling merchant)
    • View Profile
    • Bloodclaw
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2004, 02:18:13 pm »
Originally posted by CadRipper
Any answer ?

I think that CB is in such a final state it will be released tomorrow ;) so they won\'t answer since it won\'t matter anymore.

Btw. I believ if you use the /buddy give ...- command without number it doesn\'t fail. But I\'m not sure.

Junilia

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2004, 05:29:08 pm »
I dont think it will be released tomorrow because i think it will be on the news :( It would be good if it is going to be released tomorrow! A surprise! :D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 05:30:09 pm by Junilia »
- Junilia says,\"Hello!\"
- Junilya grins and shouts,\"
Hey there!\" :D

Axsyrus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2004, 06:02:23 pm »
Originally posted by CadRipper
Any answer ?

Yes, I\'ve had this problem now too, you can read about it in my New Bugs thread.
Tepoc gave me 165 rubies and 16 emeralds, I got the message \"tepoc gave you ...\" then I looked into my inventory and saw i only got 1 of these emeralds, we both restarted the game but nothing changed..

And to fix the ezman bug, the devs had to change something with multiple item stacks or something, it was a very rare bug and I still don\'t know what exactly it was but for some reason Ezman had 2 stacks for Emerald Rubies so when the server had to update the world and remove the crystals from it, it got confused and didn\'t do anything, so he was able to pick up crystals without them being removed from the world.. I have no idea how they fixed this.. but it\'s obvious that this caused the problem.

I don\'t think the devs will fix this as they\'re pretty close to releasing CB and they have no idea what\'s going on on that server (this is litterraly what vengeance said :P)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 06:03:15 pm by Axsyrus »

Axsyrus the Azure - Ruler of the Winds
Member of The Arcane Order\'s Council

evesst

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2004, 02:53:29 am »
Hi Dev team....Yesterday I gave cad 30 emmies and he gave me 3 diamonds. Cad received 1 emmy and i received 1 diamond. Is there any chance of having the lost xtals (29 emmy and 2 d)restored please please please (ingame I am Evest)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 02:54:05 am by evesst »