Author Topic: MSVCR70.dll  (Read 632 times)

Shinjai

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
MSVCR70.dll
« on: July 03, 2003, 04:16:34 pm »
Well when I try to run the client after sucessfully installing it, (Win2k) I get this in an error message:

\"The procedure entry point__iob_func could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR70.dll\"

So I went to the Known Bugs section, downloaded MSVCR70.dll and placed it in my C:\\WINNT\\ folder, my C:\\WINNT\\system folder, AND in my C:\\WINNT\\system32\\ folder. I still get this error- hopefully someone knows what I\'m doing wrong.

Shinjai

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 04:32:01 pm »
Can anyone PLEASE help? I\'d really like to play this game but I can\'t figure out how to solve this problem.... it seems people are active in all threads but this.

Commando

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2003, 10:56:17 am »
Try place it in the PlaneShift dir
Commando R-I-P

Shad0w

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 02:18:10 am »
I am getting this same problem also. I tried to place it in all folders system32, system and even the home root dir of PS. But still no go.

I am running Win XP also, just in case this is only happening to Win XP only.

Commando

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2003, 03:33:34 am »
Well, it sounds to me that it cant locate a function in that file... Maby it\'s something with your Win2k? Have u tryed it in WinXP?
Commando R-I-P

paz

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 09:03:26 pm »
I get the same thing, some help would be greatly appreciated...

And no im not going to change windows just for this game, there has to be a solution to this!

paz

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 09:27:54 pm »
Problem solved...for some reason getting MSVCP70.dll version 7.00.9064.0 solved the problem

Im not the most technical of people, but it seems very weird that the pop up indicates a problem with MSVCP70.dll, but infact getting the right version of MSVCP70.dll does the trick...strange!

Junilia

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 03:11:09 am »
When this happened to me i reinstalled PS it worked but im not sure if it will work for you :(

And yes it did do the same thing as you (putting it where it was supposed to and it didnt work too now it does :D)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 03:44:09 am by Junilia »
- Junilia says,\"Hello!\"
- Junilya grins and shouts,\"
Hey there!\" :D