Author Topic: "HrLanConnectionNameFromGuidOrPath" not found in DLL "netman.dll"  (Read 714 times)

adept

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
I get this error message whenever I want to
(1) upload a char or
(2) start the updater

obviously, something went wrong when linking to the DLLs

I downloaded 0.2.010

Axsyrus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 01:06:43 pm »
What OS do you use?

If it\'s Windows XP, try this:

Originally posted by WarklanTD
If your having a problem connecting to PlaneShift or the Updater then try this.  Please note this is for Windows XP users.

Goto the PlaneShift folder. Copy Netman.dll and made a back up of it. Now goto C:\\Windows\\Sytem32 and copy that Netman.dll file. Paste it in the PlaneShift folder and overwrite the current Netman.dll file(Make sure you have this file backed up).

Axsyrus the Azure - Ruler of the Winds
Member of The Arcane Order\'s Council

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 02:11:06 pm »
thats odd, i think the real problem is deeper than opperating system because i have installed PS on machines running xp numerous times and never gotten a problem. Although this solves the problem, i think its fixing something other than the operating system..

Axsyrus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 03:27:27 pm »
It\'s not a problem with the OS but a problem with the DLL, that\'s why you\'ve got to copy it.. You\'ll only get this problem on winxp when the dll is wrong, I don\'t think this happens that often though.

Axsyrus the Azure - Ruler of the Winds
Member of The Arcane Order\'s Council

adept

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 04:14:00 am »
OK I solved the problem.
It suffices to delete netman.dll, rsp. rename it to something like \"_netman.dll\", b/c windows looks into the system directories by default.

However when I run the updater, it would \"update\" a new netman.dll rendering itself dysfunctional :-)