Author Topic: RP events Locking down items scattered over maps to prevent them being stolen  (Read 511 times)

dragnoor

• Hydlaa Resident
  • -Talad only knows-
    • View Profile
    • nexus of devotion
Its sad that if I organise a treasure hunt within guild for guildies. Ive spent alot of time scattering clues and items all over Yliakum, only to have them pinched by roaming players outside our guild. This ruins the event totally. May I suggest that guildmasters have an option to "Lockdown", these items for the duration of the event. So that they cant be pinched. This way the event can go on without problems. Things like books (with script containing clues to next clue etc), Rewards (ie Glyphs, weapons).

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
This type of command is limited to gms and devs so that maps dont get over loaded with items NO player can pick up. I dont see at any time this becoming a player made command. There is also guarding if the person that dropped the item stands close enough to it, no one else can pick it up for a certain amount of time.

Anumesa

I helped throw an event one time with the same idea...hidden objects and clues scattered across the map.

What we did though to prevent the items from being stolen was place a "guard" at each clue. This worked out pretty well and we even gave them some lines to RP to make the whole thing more cryptic :)

dragnoor

• Hydlaa Resident
  • -Talad only knows-
    • View Profile
    • nexus of devotion
Our guild is only 17 strong and most of those guarding the clues would leave few to actually participate in the "Hunt".

In response to Caarie ; I did point out that the lockdown of items would only be for the day of the event...and if left behind by unscrupulous Guildmasters, would either be Litter and open to anyone taking items, Or better still, dissapear.