Author Topic: The Nexus Dlayo Pit Siege  (Read 1095 times)

dragnoor

• Hydlaa Resident
  • -Talad only knows-
    • View Profile
    • nexus of devotion
The Nexus Dlayo Pit Siege
« on: May 15, 2009, 10:45:08 pm »
[Sunday 17th 15:00gmt onwards “the Pit”.- Arena.]
                                                                            A cloaked figure sneaks through the shadows unseen. He peers around furtively, removing a scroll from his satchel. With a quick glance to check the coast is clear he hammers the notice to the wall. It reads :

“A Dlayo has taken an artifact from a member of Nexus of Devotion. We plan a siege on the Dlayos to regain our precious object.
                                                                    Phaat is a very well known Dlayo hunter with a hunger for blood, that ranks with the best of them. He was betrayed by the Dlayos as one who has taken a keen interest in the Blade of Devotion
We will continue our siege on the Dlayos until we obtain our mascot. Anyone in our way is at risk of their lives. Phaat & others killed some of our members, while on guild business of recovering this artifact.
                                                                                 This theft is also the reason for the guilds revenge. Even if for nothing more, than aiding those that stole what is ours.
                                                                                  Enter the Pit at your peril.”

Dragnoor
Guildmaster of Nexus of Devotion

Phaat

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: The Nexus Dlayo Pit Siege
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 11:08:54 am »
Phaat has gone mad with thoughts of possessing the Sword of Devotion!  I MUST HAVE IT!

dalot

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 11:40:52 am »
Phaat has gone mad with thoughts of possessing the Sword of Devotion!  I MUST HAVE IT!
good luck my brother....

gabi

• Traveller
  • Egelerie Myest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 12:48:06 pm »
 ;D A mighty fine idea, wooohooooooo  \\o//

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 06:55:13 am »
Oh yay, another guild claiming control of the PvP areas.

Your guild killed a few innocents that day. Let my disdain be known.

A word of warning to the unwise: evaluate threat levels of the person your targeting before attacking, you killed a few weak people who wandered in to see what the commotion was about.

I won't stand by and watch  the deaths of innocents.

[Even if it was in the PvP pit, I still consider it as bad as killing someone anywhere else. Just because the challenge system is removed there doesn't mean you are no longer accountable for those you kill.]

dragnoor

• Hydlaa Resident
  • -Talad only knows-
    • View Profile
    • nexus of devotion
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 08:48:22 am »
Some of us were OOC in main a bit..this was due to gm dlayos jumping us randomly..but on the whole the event was a success and we found wot we were looking for. Old saying : "If you cant stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.."
Yliakum was warned : We had to evoke emergency powers to recover our guild artifact. A cordon to ensure the item did not slip out unseen.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 04:49:57 am »
Some of us were OOC in main a bit..this was due to gm dlayos jumping us randomly..but on the whole the event was a success and we found wot we were looking for. Old saying : "If you cant stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.."
Yliakum was warned : We had to evoke emergency powers to recover our guild artifact. A cordon to ensure the item did not slip out unseen.

[No problems over the OOC bit in Main (the best of us commit that sin, so I won't throw stones).

My disdain has nothing to do with the ease of which you can kill people in the PvP pit. According to my opinions IC, you had no right to end others lives, especially since they posed no threat to you. OOC, yeah they were a tad silly going into the pit, but I'm just standing up for the 'innocent' IC (like how people complain when someone dies doing something they shouldn't have been doing). My character also thinks you have no right to claim the PvP pit for your own guild the way you did. But that's his opinion.

OOC I am still confused over the RP... your sign seemed to glorify and demonise Phaat at the same time. As a player and character Phaat's only been known by me to be the nicest most courteous player... but based upon his earlier post he was in on it?

I put all this in brackets just so everyone is sure this is an OOC post, I usually don't care on the forums.]

Tazen

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 11:09:28 am »
[Even if it was in the PvP pit, I still consider it as bad as killing someone anywhere else. Just because the challenge system is removed there doesn't mean you are no longer accountable for those you kill.]

The Dlayo PvP area is exactly that, a PvP area. One of the very few we have in game. If this event was held anywhere else I would agree and show displeasure.
But the simple fact are that if you do not accept that you have a high chance of perishing in there, you have no business entering. Better there than in the plaza.

Skrein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 08:17:48 pm »
This topic is highly uneducated. You're in a flipping arena. You kill gladiators, rogues, mercenaries, and other such things. They're living too. If you walk into an arena, no matter what ring it is (in my opinion), you should be fair game just like all those mobs you kill daily.