Author Topic: Burial Wells  (Read 711 times)

Oronec

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Burial Wells
« on: March 22, 2009, 02:00:39 pm »
In game, I've only really seen the Howling Well; a burial maze citizens are not allowed to enter causing disruption to the dead. That doesn't seem to stop them from stumbling into it and exploring around.  :sweatdrop:  I think it'd be very interesting if the Wells had an effect; maybe those who entered would catch some sort of disease or sickness. The traveller within it would not be able to handle the stench of decomposing bodies... and there'd creatures that may lurk in its tunnels that could carry diseases or sicknesses which would easily transfer to travellers.  Perhaps their only way to rid their problem would be death, or a very good crystal or blue mage.

Who knows..  maybe some of the skeletons within the wells are the results of permadead explorers who disregard warning signs.  :devil:
Just an idea.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:42:38 pm by Oronec »

Rigwyn

Re: Burial Wells
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 07:01:07 am »
That might cause a problem for those who have to drag stiffs in there ;) There's already a consequence for going in there - its a high crime ... And if you get caught who knows what will happen to ya. There is currently no guard at the entrance - which seems a little odd... My guess is that he's MIA - perhaps he's at kada el's gettin liquored up with some fenkis XD

Oronec

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 05:13:56 pm »
Hehe, I'm sure you can toss the bodies in, huh? If it's a well, no one will really want to jump down into it or anything just to throw a corpse away. :) Well... I wouldn't.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 07:34:36 pm »
Count on the fact that burial wells will be expanded in some later release. Feel free to add some ideas, there's a slim chance it might be something we hadn't considered.