Author Topic: [RP] Child's Play  (Read 1964 times)

Oronec

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
[RP] Child's Play
« on: October 23, 2009, 01:44:15 pm »
[This is just a little roleplay I had in the Death Realm. In a way, the start of a(nother) new character of mine.  :sweatdrop: Seilia's death is a true one - by her own choice. \o/]

A rather large Grendol stood in the Library Citadel. One of its eyes were gouged out, the other empty, staring into nothingness. This one seemed to have a large hole in its front - whatever organs it once obtained had spilled out past a charred ribcage and rotting flesh, clinging to bone. It's decaying body, scarred and filthy, still had the look of proportioned muscle on parts of its arms and legs. Within its cradled arms was a young Diaboli girl, flipping through pages of a book caked with dust.

'Hey, Grendpa. Do you really think there are portals that lead to various lands?' She would ask it, never expecting an answer. The smell of the Grendol's decaying body never seemed to bother the young girl. She'd grown attached to the creature over time.
  Playing with the corner of a page, her eyes relayed the same sentence, over and over again. 'You know I'd take you with me. Imagine all the new things we'd see!'
  The Grendol slowly began to turn, its bones creaking and moaning as it moved to face the sounds of approaching footsteps. Finally hearing them, she gave the Grendol a nudge and was lowered to her feet. Tossing the book onto a counter, she ran up the spiraling staircase and along the raised path to see if she could find the source of the noise. A Lemur woman was wandering about aimlessly, lost.

(18:26:40) Aevaira giggles, running along the path, "Hey! A visitor!"
(18:27:05) Seilia says: Greetings good madam.
(18:29:13) Aevaira says: Did you come to read, too?
(18:29:23) Seilia says: Oh...I'm lost down here.
(18:30:17) Aevaira blinks. "Lost? Oh! But that's what a maze is all about. Going this way and that, not knowing where you'll end up!"
(18:30:34) Seilia says: Considering I don't want to stay down here...
(18:32:36) Aevaira's tail swishes side to side slowly. "What you're looking for is a portal. I've read all about them, miss. Every visitor looks for the way out, not always finding it, though."
(18:33:10) Seilia says: Could you help me find the way out?
(18:33:59) Aevaira says: Sure. Would you rather go this way or that?
(18:34:06) Aevaira seems to be pointing off in a couple directions.
(18:34:19) Seilia says: I guess....that-a-way.
(18:34:32) Aevaira says: Sure thing! Lead the way, miss.
(18:34:43) Seilia says: What?
(18:34:49) Seilia steps back.
(18:35:10) Seilia says: No, no, no! I'm asking you to show me the way out!
(18:35:24) Aevaira giggles, "You either know which way is what or what way is where. Which way would you like to go? Anyway could lead you to the portal, miss."
(18:35:44) Seilia says: Stop talking in circles!
(18:35:55) Aevaira head-tilts, smiling. "What do you mean by.. circles?"
(18:36:00) Seilia is growing more and more flustered and impatient with Aevaira.
(18:36:18) Seilia says: Just show me the way out of here!
(18:36:49) Aevaira skips off past Seilia, "Sure thing! Just don't get your hopes up, I've never actually found the portal."

Aevaira led Seilia out of the Citadel and down a narrow path, both descending down a fallen pillar into a dark cavern room. Aevaira had positioned herself so only she could see the cave's drop off - the way out that Seilia was so determined to find.

(18:38:11) Aevaira looks around, hands on her hips. "Well! That's as far as I ever get. It's like.. a never ending dead end."
(18:38:36) Seilia says: Eh? There's got to be a way out of here somewhere...now where is it?
(18:39:02) Seilia looks like she's about to lose her patience with the girl soon.
(18:40:26) Aevaira points over each ridge. "Well, we could go back up, but I know that's not it! We could try digging holes, but that would take ages.. not like it matters down here. --What do you think, miss?"
(18:41:08) Seilia says: I don't care, just GET ME OUT OF HERE!
(18:41:31) Seilia is screaming now out of frustration as she fingers the hilt of her dagger.
(18:42:19) Aevaira's eyes glimmer with amusement. "Oh dear.. seems you're unhappy. Why don't we play a game? That always cheers me up!"
(18:43:05) Seilia says: What sort of game are you thinking of?
(18:43:19) Seilia continues to finger the dagger's hilt with nervous anticipation.
(18:44:41) Aevaira's smile grows, "Well, simple! If you can guess the number on my mind, we continue to search down here. If not...well, I can think of something!"
(18:46:10) Seilia says: How many guesses do I get?
(18:46:40) Aevaira holds up three fingers, "You gotta guess between 1 and 10! If you get it, we search on, if not, we take a break."
(18:46:50) Seilia says: 5
(18:46:56) Aevaira shakes her head, "That's one!"
(18:47:00) Seilia says: 2
(18:47:03) Aevaira says: Nope!
(18:47:05) Seilia says: 9
(18:47:30) Aevaira giggles, the corners of her lips curving into a smirk. "Nope! Seven! Nice try, though."
(18:49:13) Seilia says: So, what now?
(18:51:26) Aevaira says: Simple! It occurs once in every minute, Twice in every moment, And yet never in one hundred thousand years. What is it?
(18:52:09) Seilia loses her temper and draws her dagger, lunging at Aevaira.
(18:52:58) Aevaira side-steps with a twirl, laughing. "That's not the right answer! I can see your patience is running as thin as your line of sight, though."
(18:54:02) Seilia hits the ground "Oof!" and tries to scramble to her feet, but trips and has to get up again, this time more slowly, glaring at the girl as she looks her over.
(18:54:56) Seilia slowly and a bit unsteadily sidesteps to her left, trying to circle around Aevaira.
(18:55:17) Aevaira blows a raspberry at the stumbling Lemur, "Look around, open your eyes, you just might find what you seek, a glorious prize!" She opens her arms, one hand pointing off in a random direction, the other towards the cave's drop-off to her right.
(18:54:56) Seilia slowly and a bit unsteadily sidesteps to her left, trying to circle around Aevaira.
(18:58:30) Seilia steps in, placing the edge of her dagger under Aevaira's chin, still angry with the young girl "Lead...me...OUT OF HERE...before I..."
(18:59:13) Aevaira's tail swishes a little, arms still pointing off in directions. "You gotta listen, you gotta learn, take a moment, maybe turn?"
(19:00:17) Seilia presses the edge of the dagger against Aevaira's throat, her other arm wrapped around her chest, still angry "before I...cut your...throat!"
(19:01:20) Aevaira sighs softly, putting on a deep, menacing voice. "And what will that do, dear? Send me back where I already am? I gave you a hint, you didn't take it. You waste your time trying to get the information that's obviously under your nose."
(19:02:29) Seilia digs the dagger in yet deeper "Why do you play games with me? Answer that!"
(19:03:54) Aevaira's hands move to try and grab Seilia's gently and cast a subtle weakness spell. "I'm a child, miss. Fun and games, that's what we do!"
(19:04:40) Seilia doesn't seem to notice the hand-grabs as she slowly digs the edge of the dagger deeper into her flesh.
(19:07:13) Aevaira returns to her childish tone. Faltering with the hint of pain from the dagger at her neck, a purple haze begins to form around Seilia, "Oh come on, miss. Is it that hard? Look to your right you silly lady!"
(19:08:03) Seilia begins to growl slightly as she continues to dig the dagger's edge in.
(19:10:04) Aevaira releases an 'eep' as blood is drawn from the small slice on her neck. Sapping energy from Seilia with the one hand on her arm, her other elbow strikes back at the Lemur's gut. "Try letting go, or you'll be stuck here forever! -- Like every other unfortunate soul that tries to pass."
(19:11:14) Seilia gets knocked backwards by the elbow as the dagger slips from her weakened grip and tumbles backwards before getting stopped by part of the rock floor they are standing on.
(19:12:04) Aevaira rubs her neck gingerly, looking down at the blood on her fingers. She leans down, picking up the dagger and turning to Seilia. "That hurt, ya know! Yeesh, temper-temper."
(19:12:29) Seilia tries to get up, but stumbles again and falls, too weak to stand now.
(19:13:17) Seilia clambers up somewhat, on her hands and knees, panting.
(19:14:10) Aevaira crouches down so she's eye level with Seilia, turning the dagger about in her fingers. "This is pretty, can I keep it?"
(19:14:27) Seilia snaps "NO!"
(19:15:17) Aevaira puts on a pouty-face, "Aw, why not? It has my blood on it after all, it should be mine now!" She grins, "Call it sharing, it's what friends do.."
(19:15:34) Seilia is too weak to prevent Aevaira from taking it though, and slowly draws another dagger, her hand shaking as she does so and tries to clamber up again, managing to sit up against the stone.
(19:16:10) Aevaira watches curiously, muttering 'Strong-willed.." She giggles, "Well, see? You have another. We match!"
(19:16:38) Seilia slowly stands up, still a bit shaky as she does so.
(19:17:07) Aevaira mimics Seilia's actions, getting up as well.
(19:17:25) Seilia takes a deep breath and steps in, swiping at Aevaira's right arm with her left hand and stabbing at her stomach with her dagger.
(19:18:52) Aevaira's right arm is easily deflected, her free hand trying to grab for the offending wrist striking towards her stomach.
(19:19:23) Seilia's wrist is grabbed
(19:19:52) Seilia tries to pull her right wrist free of the grab. [roll, STR against STR?]
(19:20:08) >Player Seilia has rolled a 38-sided die for a 38.
(19:22:09) >Player Aevaira has rolled a 50-sided die for a 3.
(19:22:33) Seilia easily wrestles her wrist free and goes for another stab, this time at Aevaira's neck.
(19:23:37) Aevaira's right hand dagger swipes down to clash with Seilia's, frowning. "This is new! I always thought fencing worked better with swords..."
(19:24:27) Seilia steps back, and then steps in again, feinting a stab at her chest and then going to stab Aevaira in her right side.
(19:26:28) Aevaira tries to swivel out of the dagger's path, still getting a slice to her side. "Ow!" She takes a couple steps back, throwing her dagger at Seilia aimlessly, "Meany! That hurt!"
(19:27:45) Seilia steps in again, going for a stab at Aevaira's chest this time, but trips right before she gets into range for the attack and makes an attempt to try to stab Aevaira in the inside of her thigh.
(19:29:48) Aevaira makes a 'humph' sound, aiming a kick at Seilia's dagger-hand in mid swing. "It's a wonder you ended up here! You have the looks... but the manners, you lack."
(19:30:39) Seilia has her dagger hand kicked hard enough to knock the dagger free from it and recoils, clutching her right hand in pain.
(19:32:08) Aevaira watches the dagger skitter off down the hill, looking back at Seilia. "You done yet, miss?"
(19:32:56) Seilia slips a small dagger from her bracer, then takes her bracers off and throws them aside.
(19:33:59) Aevaira slowly walks backwards towards the fallen pillar. "Hey now, how many of those do you have?!"
(19:34:11) Seilia takes the dagger in her left hand and glares at Aevaira again.
(19:34:33) Aevaira continues backwards.
(19:35:28) Seilia gets up, and tries to give chase to Aevaira, but trips again and falls face-first, her dagger impaling itself into her stomach as she yelps from the pain and shock of the wound.
(19:36:21) Seilia pulls the dagger free as she clambers to hands and knees, fumbling the small dagger as she does so and proceeding to clutch at her stomach as she rolls over onto her back.
(19:36:34) Aevaira brings a hand up to her mouth with a look of shock, though really just covering up for a giggle. "Oh gosh! It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, hey?"
(19:37:00) Seilia moans a bit from the pain of the wound as she lays there.
(19:39:15) Aevaira slowly makes her way down the slope towards Seilia, trying to get a better look. “..Are you okay?”
(19:40:03) Seilia moans, having trouble forcing words out due to the pain she is in "No...."
(19:41:18) Aevaira collects the two daggers laying around, watching Seilia all the while. "Well! On the bright - or in this case, dark side.. you'll just end up here again. Right?"
(19:42:24) Seilia is wounded roughly squarely in her stomach. The wound is bleeding steadily and looks long and thin. It does not appear to be particularly deep, but has penetrated into the abdominal (peritoneal) cavity.
(19:44:57) Seilia tries to scream for help, but can't get any words to come out as a scarlet bloom centered on the wound slowly unfurls on her stomach, under her hand
(19:47:47) Aevaira crouches by Seilia's head, looking down at the wound. "Ooh, that looks bad! Do you know any healing?" She muses.
(19:48:11) Seilia moans softly "No...." as her head turns to the other side weakly.
(19:50:14) Aevaira purses her lips, "I'm not one to put someone out of their misery with such crude weapons... I mean, hey, law says I'm even too young to hold 'em. So.." She reaches down with a hand and tries to sap Seilia's life energy from her.
(19:50:58) Seilia is powerless to resist the spell as her hand slowly slips off her stomach and her eyelids grow heavy.
(19:53:03) Aevaira removes her hand, leaving Seilia with enough to remain conscious. "So...I won't take your life.”
(19:58:28) Seilia moans slightly again, so weak that she is only able to take shallow breaths.
(20:00:02) Aevaira slides the daggers away under her little red cloak, chiming. "Bury deep, Pile on stones, My mind will always Dig up them bones.." She lowers her voice, "That, dear, is a memory.."
(20:06:32) Aevaira begins removing Seilia's jewelery, putting them on. "These are really pretty, can I try them on? Thanks! Where'd you get them?"
(20:07:12) Seilia does not reply, as she is too weak.
(20:08:52) Aevaira giggles, finishing up with the necklace.
(20:13:03) Aevaira looks at the articles of clothing with interest, letting out an over dramatic sigh. "Good gosh, lady. You stained those pretty gloves with your blood."
(20:13:15) Seilia doesn't respond.
(20:15:46) Aevaira pats Seilia's head and stands up again. "I had lots of fun. We were really close to the portal, but your patience built a wall of blindness. A shame, really. I wish you luck on your next life.." She tilts her head, "..if Dakkru gives you that much."
(20:17:48) Seilia slips away, her eyes shutting as her body goes utterly limp.
(20:19:17) Aevaira's tail flicks side to side - the skeletal finger-like rings clacking together as she mutters, "A pity you couldn't see... no one leaves, that's up to me." turning around and disappearing back up the fallen pillar.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 04:33:31 pm by Oronec »

Dralion1221

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
Re: [RP] Child's Play
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 05:06:06 pm »
{Oi stop making mean evil characters XD Otherwise awesome RP! As Tinwei would say, "Tha's not nice!"}

Oronec

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 07:59:23 pm »
[Hehe, thanks!]

MellasFenixxes

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Melly on DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 07:31:05 am »
A fantastic RP, Vayl! I love your newest character creation, very tricky and morbid.
I can truly imagine a kid becoming such in the Death Realm, and her last sentence only adds to the mystery of that place.

Btw, bless you for posting the logs! <3

Oronec

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 12:21:32 pm »
[Thanks Mellas!  :D]

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Want to know the truth now?
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 05:15:06 pm »
[Ha, I told you you should start posting your stuffs. I'm glad you finally decided to.]
Saggi Lezeheso, The Whisper's Jest
Demoik and Rioqura, The Immortal Harrow
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza Darkom, Slayer of Kittens

Oronec

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 05:36:58 pm »
[Hey there, and yeah, so am I. ^^]

Siteri Kidachi

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 09:12:28 pm »
Ooh, I need to bring one of my kid characters to meet her. Next time they die anyway...

Oronec

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 11:12:51 pm »
[Oh, death won't be necessary. She'll be visiting Yliakum someday   ;D]

MellasFenixxes

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Melly on DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 11:50:27 am »
Uh oh... death is coming! xD
*wonders what Aevaira's arch enemy would be*

Dralion1221

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 04:42:30 pm »
WHAT IF IT WAS TINWEI!???

XD Naw I'm kidding we'll see where RP goes  :detective:

Oronec

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 09:31:51 pm »
A Way Out

Aevaira sat upon a towering throne; one leg crossed over the other with her hands placed palm-down on each armrest. Grendol at her side, she'd been reminiscing, twisting the chain of a pendant around her neck between two fingers. 'My name? What's in a name?' Alvien had asked her.
  She frowned, “Was my answer correct? What if I was wrong? Ooh.. I wish I knew.” The grendol remained statuous as the girl continued on; remembering the game she and Rigwyn had played. “Hm.. well, what about that other man? He was really fun...kinda gross, but fun none the less! He even gave us... a toy, was it?” The grendol looked down at her with what was once a gouged out void; now occupied with the eye of a rat. Aevaira giggled. “It looks good on you. Don't worry!”
  Turning away from Aevaira, the grendol walked forward, large hands of rotted flesh and stringy muscle gripping the ledge. “Do you see something?” she inquired, hopping off the stone chair to stand by her friend, attention captured by something. The cries of a carkarass sounded below. Aevaira looked down just in time to watch it vanish, it's screeches fading along with it. “What's that?” she gawked, eyes fixed on a dark, growing ripple where the creature had been hovering. Down, on the white octagon, a portal took form.

Having found a way down, they stood in the room just beneath the throne they'd been up on moments earlier. There, in front of them, was the portal they'd watched swallow the flying beast. The swirling motion was alluring. Aevaira's eyes widened, “Grendpa! This is it - this is our way out!” Turning to look up at the grendol with sparkling eyes, she grasped its hand in both of her own. “We can finally leave, and venture the land beyond!” The creature flinched at its companion's touch, being pulled along towards the portal. As Aevaira began to step through to the land of the living, the grendol had stopped, its hand slowly slipping out from her grasp as she disappeared. Staring into the dark vortex, the grendol stood unmoving. “You know I'd take you with me. Imagine all the new things we'd see!”    She wouldn't have understood. Not now, at least...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 04:40:35 pm by Oronec »

Thoss

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Explorers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 01:03:20 am »
most excellent and very creative writing!

not knowing the in-game character, an image of this being how running upon johnny depp's willy wonka would be if he was in the death realm kept popping into my head....

I don't mean that offensively... i really dig depp's wonka.. [hmm that sounds weird  :P]

anyhow, loved it. Do bring more. :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:04:58 am by Thoss »
Thoss Yonbur/Aarnir Irety/Oslorod Krolar/Myno Eljin

Oronec

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 12:33:29 pm »
[Ehehe, no worries. Depp's funny - and so was that one sentence of yours.
"I don't mean that offensively... i really dig depp's wonka.."
I can read it over and over and it never gets old  ;D

Thanks!]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:39:53 pm by Oronec »

Dralion1221

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 06:16:17 pm »
Oh noes! Now there be two DR children roaming around Yliakum! :o