Author Topic: new channel  (Read 297 times)

feas

• Traveller
    • View Profile
new channel
« on: February 27, 2016, 12:08:26 am »
for when those who are told to start a new channel to discuss non PS stuff like politics and religion do so as not to ruin the game for the rest

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: new channel
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 05:10:45 am »
There is already the ability to create additional channels within the 'gossip' tab. Using this people can make channels for discussing anything they want in groups you have to choose to be part of.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 05:44:47 am »
I bet this has been described before, but I did not find it with a quick forum search. So, here you go.
Per default, the chat tab for channels is only connected to "gossip". You can join any number of other channels:
Code: [Select]
/join blablaThis opens the channel named blabla. If you're the first to join, a new channel is created. Use number commands to send text to one channel.
/1 this text message goes to the gossip channel
/2 this text message goes to the blabla channelSeveral channels in the same tab can be annoying. You can leave a channel any time:
/leave 1This closes the channel bound to slot 1, gossip.
Then text you enter in this tab goes to blabla, and only to blabla.
Most players still prefer groups as ooc chat tabs. Some because they got used to it, some because they want to make sure only invited players take part in the chat.
/invite feas
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:49:59 am by Bonifarzia »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 10:00:18 am »
Did we already collect some more or less common existing channels?

I believe there used to be a channel rp for roleplayers, which may or may not be active, I did not join it yet. Some people used commonmind among Klyros chars; and not sure if dwarves or dwarfs, but it existed too (but usually abandoned).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty