Author Topic: From the desk of Jefecra Harcrit. [RP logbook]  (Read 929 times)

Weavers

• Traveller
    • View Profile
From the desk of Jefecra Harcrit. [RP logbook]
« on: October 06, 2006, 10:14:38 pm »
Public log, Jefecra Harcrit, Lieutenant of the Hydlaa Guard.

Today was quiet, but for a few minor incidence.

The rumors of random killing in the streets has turned out to be a prank by some juveniles looking to stir things up. I had Rabartas talk to them after they finally admitted it. I think they have learned their lesson. If there had been any 'real' murders, you can be sure I would have had my guards spring into action to put an end to it. We do not stand for such criminal activities in the City limits, nor beyond, if we can help it. No criminal has been stupid enough to commit their lawlessness where we have learned of it yet, and gone unpunished. I hope it remains that way. I like my city quiet.

The incident of the lost girl was quickly solved as well. Her mother had reported her missing after being just an hour or two late for dinner. It seems the girl had been outside the City walls by herself and had taken a tumble down a hill. She blamed the limp and dizziness for getting home late. I have told her it is not safe for fourteen year old girls to be outside the north of the City without guardians, as that is where many creature come from. She promised to never do it again. She never did say why she was out there. I do recall seeing her running into the tavern earlier today, though, looking rather frightful. She never mentioned the tavern, though, and seemed very happy, if still a bit dizzy. I will ask her and Mrs. Mepalla about it in the morning, and send one of the new recruits to retrieve her lost basket of apples.

[If you have something to report to the guards, please PM me. This is to help get your RPs more in the open. Blatant disregards for the law are not welcome, though, as the Hydlaa Guards WOULD have done something about it. You can not run around in public killing or being a criminal without taking the NPC guards into consideration. That is just bad RP, and will be treated as unfounded rumors. Thank you]

Weavers

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: From the desk of Jefecra Harcrit. [RP logbook]
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 06:50:52 pm »
Public log, Jefecra Harcrit, Lieutenant of the Hydlaa Guard. (Saturday, Oct 7)

Another mostly quiet day, but for some disturbing news.

The Priestess known as Xillix has given my Taskmaster to New Recruits reason to think that there may be a great danger  lurking in the shadows. He has told me that the criminal Janeous Creene may be up to his evil plotting again. I have yet to confirm this, as none of my fellow guards has seen him. I am giving all of the new recruit’s the description of Creene in hope that he will be caught.

*a  paper with Janeous Creene’s description it next to the report. He is a Nolthrir with no marks or tattoos. You may recognize him by his name floating above his head. This is Under the moon’s character, and we where asked to put this here.*

There was an incident at the North Gate as well, though I am not sure what to do about it. It seems a young girl matching the description of young miss Mepalla was reported to be drunk and even attacked a passing musician by the name of Alcarin Karoce. He did not wish to file a charge on her though, and seemed more worried than angry. He also said she did not smell like drink, despite her drunken actions. He made it very clear that she tried very hard to cover her face after first bumping into him, though everyone had already seen what she looked like. Another oddity is that he overheard her whisper angrily “It was supposed to last longer than this” and something about a man. She then run out the gate. My fellow guards when after her, but she seemed to have vanished. I will have one of my underlings visit the Mepallas in the morning and see what this is about. Citizen Alcarin also found this note caught in the ties of his torso armor. At least I think it is a note in some sort of code. It makes no sense to me, just a very long strip a paper with random dots, letters, and numbers spaced at equal intervals.

*the strip of paper is pinned to the report.*

G d c i b y p h d o a i s e u a a a . y r . . o i v r t . c y t r n e k o o l o h   f . . . f e u e d u n i t . s r r e l e n h t . s e a . e t e h . . . t C d e . e . D b h o . n n w t o u . n o t o e h . t w t f . r e e n . i a . J t k . o o l c a a h . c t n l t n g . e l . c . . y k g n o b e b m . . a d a e . e e o . t i k . B . . t . e n . l e q a h . . g o a t u g e . . . f t r i i r . t B . e a c a . . h r s . y k n i . e i h . . . . t 1 . n a I m a i e 2 f g d . e n f m 3 i . o w . d . s 4 r 1 w i a . y . 5 s 2 s l n . o o . t 0 . l d . u f .

[you may post what you think this means next to the public records (here), tell others ingame, PM the answer to me, or keep it to yourself. That all depends on what your character would do.]

In final, there seems to be a bug going around. I hope my fellow guards can avoid getting sick. It makes it hard to keep up patrols when we are short handed. It seems as if we are at our posts all day and night as it is.

Weavers

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 05:01:06 pm »
Public log, Jefecra Harcrit, Lieutenant of the Hydlaa Guard. (Sunday, Oct 8 )

I have very disturbing news to report this day. The girl causing the problems yesterday never showed up at home. Her mother claims that she was acting very oddly before she left, and had an argument. Her mother had assumed she had not returned because of the fight, and was staying at a friend's home. This has turned out not to be the case. No one has seen her since the incident at the North gate yesterday. I am going to have all my fellow guards on the lookout for young Tria, but if she stayed out in the hills, the lookout may be bleak. Even good fighters do not roam far in the dark and come back to speak of it.

Of minor import to this, I had to fine a drunk Klyros for his unwanted attentions on several ladies in the tavern. He admitted his folly, and said he will not do it again. I am sure this is true.

My patrolmen have been keeping up on their duties, and report that all citizens have been keeping their doors locked when they are not home. This is good, due to the known thieves plying their craft from the rooftops. We have caught some of them through the years, but it always seems as if two more spring up in their place. They like to keep low when we are about, so it is hard to spot them at times. Be sure that they will all end up in the stocks in the end. Trust me on that.

As to the code I found yesterday on Alcarin, I can still not make heads or tails of it. Something tells me it is important. Maybe I need some sort of code or tool to decipher it.

Weavers

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 05:13:02 pm »
Public log, Jefecra Harcrit, Lieutenant of the Hydlaa Guard. (Wednesday, Oct 11 )

I witnessed a terrible thing yesterday. An Enki killed a citizen in cold blood right before my eyes. After some questioning of witnesses, we found out the killer's name to be Coneitic. the reason he killed the elf is unknown to me at this time, but I thought I may have seen the killer bump into the elf in a suspicious way. The elf had no possessions on his body after we searched it, so that leads me to believe he was robbed by the killer as well. Are the criminals becoming so desperate that they ply their trade right in front of me and my fellow guards, or was this one just incredibly stupid? I have had some of the recruits go around spreading pictures of Coneitic, so that the people may help us catch him. This bothers me greatly.

Also troubling, after two days of searching, we have yet to find Tria, or any sign of her. Her last actions seem nothing like her, from what people have been telling me. I am starting to get worried.

Yesterday, I also heard someone shouting to the killer. I am now told it was Janeous Creene's voice, Talad blight his soul. How can he move about the city without any of my fellow guards seeing him? He will pay for his crimes. Maybe this killing was not random after all. Untar, the elf, did look as if he wished to talk to me, but I told him to wait, as I was busy at the moment. It may be my fault he is now dead. That is for Talad to decide.

Mariana

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 05:45:55 am »
*My account is new and can't send PM, so I'll post the solution here*

"Go to the north gate, the first day of the week ending.
Bring 120 circles, the cloack of shadows is yours.
Do not be late, I will be there but once.
Betray me and your death will be quick and painful.
Contact me again if you have need of any other items of dark intent.
Jagk........12345.."
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 05:49:17 am by Mariana »

Weavers

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 06:35:39 pm »
Public log, Jefecra Harcrit, Lieutenant of the Hydlaa Guard. (Thursday, Oct 12 )

By Talad above, I am a fool. A good citizen has shown me that strip of paper for what it is. It was not a code, as I thought. It was written out plain. You just had to wrap it around the propper sized tube, and the words appear. This new information does not bode well for Tria. Either she ran into whoever this Jagk is, and he took her, or she was the one who bought this Cloak of Shadows thing. I do not understand why such a sweet girl would want any "items of dark intent". I will ask Jayose if any of his books mentions this cloak. Something sinister is afoot.

Weavers

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 12:01:57 pm »
Public log, Jefecra Harcrit, Lieutenant of the Hydlaa Guard. (Saturday, Oct 14 )

To my great relief, little Miss Tria Mepalla came to me yesterday. It seems she had gone out into the hills after I told her not to, and got lost after a creature chased her. She was lost for all those days. I feel sorry for the poor thing. It was raining, so I did not ask her about the fight she had with Alcarin. Something bothered me about that meeting, but I could not put my finger on it until today. It was pouring at the time, but her clothing did not look wet. What does that mean? I am just a simple guard, and do not know much about the magic arts, so maybe it is just a glyph I do not know about.

Speaking of Alcarin, that very man came to see me a little while after Tria talked to me. He seemed to have the sickness that is going around, and the healers are starting to call a plague with no cure. He asked me to tell him about the note that I found on him after his run in with Tria at the north gate. I told him what it said, and he ran back into the tavern. A little while later, I saw Tria come running out in a hurry, though I had not seen her go in. I am going to have to talk to that girl's mother and see what in Talad's name is going on with her. I will go see her as soon as this blasted rain stops..