Author Topic: [OFFICIAL EVENT]Evildoers wanted...  (Read 3123 times)

Weavers

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: [OFFICIAL EVENT]Evildoers wanted...
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 10:29:27 pm »
@ Miaua. We did actually have a plan to keep the dead in the DeathRealm this time, but elected not to do it at the last minute out of consideration for those player's fun. We will not make that mistake again. We will strive from now on to keep the dead... dead longer, and out of the continued RP.

@ Duraza. Evil has not had much of a place, or a purpose in the past. That will change. There will be events that will continue to target 'dark of heart' characters, and, as you may have seen in the past few events, they will not always be set up as the losing side. Your time is coming.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2007, 03:46:22 am »
Evil/Good aligned events are foolish in a game that doesn't have alignments. That's called incoherence. That's my way of seeing how PS works though, so don't let me spoil your fun.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2007, 08:13:43 am »
Evil/Good are just simple ways of expressing concepts more subtle you stickler, this lawless lawful for this one and you are golden.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2007, 10:59:54 am »
:(

1) Missed it.

2) Couldn't have attended due to $%&*ing internet connection during the week.

How was it?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 11:14:49 am »
Hey Xillix, I think I agree with Sangwa. No more Good vs Evil, Law vs Lawless, High morals vs Low, or good guys vs bad guys events, please. How about you focus on more realistic themed events?

Like Puppy lovers vs Kitten lovers.
Those that like Blue vs those that like Pink.
Mac clients vs Win clients.
RPers vs powergamers.
Those that think Good/Evil events are foolish vs those that know what an 'evil' event really is.

You know, the stuff that really matters, and makes a good story. :)

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Wibble myself: 17years I was gone, give or take
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2007, 11:26:37 am »
It wasn't exactly Good vs. Bad, Just some gang stealing stuff while another gang tried to prevent it....
Now for the gang that wanted to steal the stuff they needed some 'bad-asses' If I should assemble a thieves gang The best place to look is NOT some picnic spot, but a shady bar. Not that all the people at the picnic spot are 'nice' and neither that all the people in the shady tavern are 'bad-ass' But it's most logic ;)
Now they wanted people that could handle the 'job' which wasn't easy, so calling upon people saying "If you got the guts" is like calling out the best (though some think they are good in stuff while there aren't)

I hope I'm making sense, But it was NOT good vs bad. Else you weren't there I think or didn't pay enough attention or make a bit quick in drawing conclusions  :lol:
And there was a story UTM ;)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2007, 11:40:25 am »
What is more "good vs. evil" than the little boys' game "cops and robbers".

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 11:44:05 am »
The main Issue I had with people was with having to have auto atack on kinda sucks..because then I don't know who is going to hit me when and what not, I like to hit accept so I know how many people are after me and so I am prepared to hit back...also I know some guilides complained about RP'ing snkeaing around and shut and everyone just ignored that and killed the player. I guess I am not much for run up and kill somone. I like to rp a bit first..It would have been more fun for me if somone would have come up to me and said "hault!" "who are you?" "what are you doing?" "put the item back" etc. But no, they see a rogue and run up and just kill them without a second thought.

But as far as the event, it was awsome. tons of fun and well thought out. I had a lot of fun, it sparked a lot of Roleplay for me as well. However I will admit I am guilty of retruning from the deathrealm..only once however... and I did not go back to where Iwas before..I just went on with my rp and got out and then met up with somone and changed out of my disguise.

anyways keep up the good work devs/Gms/settings team members it was a lot of fun!

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 11:47:02 am »
Very fun event, I saw nothing wrong with it. Yeah I got pummeled but it was fun none the less... Great plot too! :D

PS: There will always be 2 sides... those who follow the law, and those who do not. There is no neutral.

im very much pro aligned events, and can't wait to partake in more. ;D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 12:09:32 pm by Earl_Listbard »

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 11:55:29 am »
* Under the moon grins.

For those who missed it in my last post: /sarcasm.

Keep the 'evil' events coming!

Lolitra, Celorrim Purrty Twins

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • THE ROYAL HOUSE OF PURRTY
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 03:56:23 pm »
I for one, thoroughly enjoyed participating in it... poor Lolitra, could have done with a few more guards about her... hehe.. got herself all covered in icky blood.. and sprained her ankle too-boot.  Those dastardly awful ruffians.. blaggards I say.. nothing but dirty theives.. talking about dirty, she needs to wash off all that blood...
Her Royal Highness Lolitra Hollinthy Purrty nods regally 'I am delighted to meet you' her tiara twinkles in the crystal light.
[had to remove my signature - as the image host lost it!!!!]

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Want to know the truth now?
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 04:20:52 pm »
@ Duraza. Evil has not had much of a place, or a purpose in the past. That will change. There will be events that will continue to target 'dark of heart' characters, and, as you may have seen in the past few events, they will not always be set up as the losing side. Your time is coming.

Thats good enough form me  ;)
Saggi Lezeheso, The Whisper's Jest
Demoik and Rioqura, The Immortal Harrow
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza Darkom, Slayer of Kittens

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 04:45:04 am »
Hey Xillix, I think I agree with Sangwa. No more Good vs Evil, Law vs Lawless, High morals vs Low, or good guys vs bad guys events, please. How about you focus on more realistic themed events?

Like Puppy lovers vs Kitten lovers.
Those that like Blue vs those that like Pink.
Mac clients vs Win clients.
RPers vs powergamers.
Those that think Good/Evil events are foolish vs those that know what an 'evil' event really is.

You know, the stuff that really matters, and makes a good story. :)

Read good books, you'll learn something. Wit is fun, but intellect surpasses it by being useful.

For those of you with less than no imagination, creating events without evil/good, lawful/lawless centers is interesting and quite easy. There are reasons that can be made clear and make the obvious "criminal" understood and "justified", contributing to more depth, no alignment magic and game coherence.

For instance a group of rogues that required the aid of an adventurer to distract the guard. They've been outcast from society for their errors and they attempt to make a living by others' expense. This particular time they've got a buddy trapped somewhere in hydlaa, where the guards have their patrolling doubled. Hence the help they require. They're not just looking for "Dark Souls" that can vanquish their foes of light. They have problems and they need help.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 04:49:31 am by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 09:23:35 am »
Sangwa if you are trying to take us to school you need to go back to it yourself. Judge not, we have much more going on than meets the eye, but then, you would know that if you were available :P. This discussion can be carried out internally if you were a prospect you would know tha. . . wait! You are one!

So come back to us and prove your intellect within the team.

Levi Strauss would hate your relativism :P.

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 11:07:25 am »
I have a couple of characters that might have been deemed 'dark of heart' but at the same time they wouldn't go and steal things. Thats a problem I'd see with the factions. A guy promises my greedy character a large reward for running a simple chore. He goes and does it purely for the money, maybe even to fund some dastardly plans of his own, and suddenly he is aligned with good. There are just too many dimensions in this and Sangwa is just saying that you should take them into account.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(