Author Topic: A story that (hopefully) goes on  (Read 3654 times)

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2005, 12:01:17 am »
\"Eh, well I wont say anything for now.\", Cyl muttered

Throughout his live he has seen many fighters, but those. They seemed for him like seperot on his best days, only that seperot was smarter, much smarter.

\"Well, ya really think that they are good?\", the dwarf asked.

It was sure that he had his doubts.
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2005, 12:40:16 am »
Arnigus blows out his long moustaches in indignation.

\"Of course they are good! I would have none other stand between myself and danger.\"

[ooc] Sorry for ignoring you, but I\'m updating \"The Book of Yliakum right now.

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2005, 09:44:11 am »
*Phinehas stares at the antics of the two guards and shakes his head in disgust.*

You idiots are all going to die.

*After a few moments of thought he walks over to Tybalt. Knowing that Tybalt would know it was him who was approaching by his limp, he just started talking quietly.*

What do you say, Tybalt? I need someone I actually trust to look after me on this trip. Arnigus and his guard friends look incompetent at best, and that dwarf leaves a lot to be desired as far as inspiring confidence. Cyl\'s alright, but still, he doesn\'t have your experience. What do you say?

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2005, 11:29:24 am »
Arnigus puts down his copy of The PS Times after reading a few articles. It did indeed, seem like a good time to be going on a quest. What with all the frightening occurances happening. He finishes the tray of sweets and downs his drink, then stands up slowly.

\"Well, my friends, I must be going now, if I am to gather all the supplies we will need on the morrow.\"

The shady dwarf tosses him a small purse. \"I reckon ya\'ll be need\'in this. Don\'t make me come after you,\" he ends threateningly.

Arnigus catches the purse with bumbling fingers, then graps it to his chest, his face turning white at the threat.

\"N..n.n.no. You won\'t have to.\" With that, Arnigus rushes out of the tavern as fast as his waddle can take him.

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2005, 01:15:31 pm »
Cyl could hear Phinehas talking to Tybalt about him, but he decided it was better not to ineterferre, and rather show his worth in the events which were up to happen.

He looks towards the two drunken guards.

\"Oh dear, oh dear.\"

TheRedMonk

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2005, 06:33:17 am »
*Tybalt smiled to himself when he heard Phinehas slowly walk over to him. He had expected this to happen and turned around to face his friend.

Hmm, I have heard stories about that Arnigus being a good runner. Even though I do not doubt that you can take care of yourselves, I would not want you and Cyl to be left alone while the others are running. Who knows if the two idiots really can fight...

*Tybalt drinks up what is left of his milk and then carefully puts his arm around his friend\'s neck not to injure him

Besides, this could also be a good opportunity to see what Cyl can do.

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2005, 09:04:58 am »
*Phinehas smiles at Tybalt\'s words, pleased that he\'ll have someone he trusts along.*

That\'s great, Tybalt! You\'re right about Cyl, too. This will be a good test for him, and even if he doesn\'t do so well, we\'re around to keep him out of trouble.

*Phinehas turns to the dwarf and motions to Tybalt.*

He\'s coming with us.

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005, 09:53:39 am »
The dwarf smiles

\"another friend of yours?\"

He nods towards Phinehas,

\"Hmm, I hope that this arnigus guy wont make me come after him.\"

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2005, 12:54:49 pm »
A Kran saunters stately into the tavern. He carries a thick, simple, ironclad quarterstaff, which he is using as a walking staff. Oddly, there appears to be a large ink stain on his cheek.

\"A fine day to you all, good gentlemen, I would be Haddiarican. Would any of have come across an unmistakably sizable ylian? Arnigus by name? I was told by a rather unpleasant set of twins that he would be?.Frent!? The Kran exclaims as his eyes fall on the dwarf, his look turning dark, ?What manner of ill wind beseeched you to creep from beneath the foul stone of your vile existence??

He takes a threatening step towards the dwarf he named as Frent. His knuckles crack at the firm grip he gives his staff.

Leiraine

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2005, 03:25:28 pm »
Leiraine rushed through the doors looking uncharacteristically tattered and overly excited. \"Oh Cyl!\", she beamed across the room at him, \"thought I\'d find you here\". Running  up to him, she stopped short of flanging her arms around his neck. \"Um.. thank you, Cyl\", she bowed lightly, \"I owe you one!\"

Seeming to notice for the first time that there were other people in the tavern, she smiled to Phinehas and Tybalt, the only oter people she recognised, \"Hello, my good sirs. What a great day it is. How are you?\"

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2005, 01:26:34 am »
Cyl was quite confused as Leiraine stumbled in.

\"Sorry, have you been drinking today?\", he said,\"Anyways, I wonder where laith is, usually she shows up with you.\"

Then he turned to the Kran,

\"Indeed I have seen Arnigus, you just missed him for a matter of minutes. And I have to inform you that you should pack your weapons away, we are in a tavern not in the arena.\"

Cyl reached out for his hip flask and took a nip.

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2005, 02:17:26 am »
Had nodded to the tall elf, Cyl, as the stunning young Xacha woman had called him. He then glanced at the Xacha woman herself.

\"For the sake of the lady, I will restrain my unworthy self from the violence this shade of a Dwarf bequeathed upon his loathsome person,\" he said in an apologetic tone and leaned his staff against the wall. \"Weapons are not my answer to action where simple words will suffice...\" His gaze goes back to the Dwarf. \"...in most cases.\"

Had bowed slightly to the men in the room, recognizing some of them by description and reputation, though he never met them personally, then bowed more deeply to the Xacha woman, flourishing a hand.

\"Prey tell me the name that accompanies such an exquisite face, so that I may whisper it on the winds of eternity.\"

He noticed the odd looks some of the others gave him.

\"Just because I am Kran does not make me immune to the beauty of the world,\" he closed his eyes and nodded his head to the woman, \"In whatever form it may take.\"

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2005, 05:19:59 am »
Cyl was quite baffled to hear words of poesy from a kran.

He dripped his fingers on the table and took another nip of his hip flask.

Leiraine

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2005, 12:30:51 am »
Not at all discouraged by Cyl\'s comment, Lei grinned even more cheerfully. \"No Cyl, but have you been taking cheerfulness lessons from Phinehas? I haven\'t seen Laith today, though.\"

Turning to the Kran, Leiraine made a light curtsey, \"You are flattering me, dear Lord. Name is Leiraine, though Lei is what most call me\". From her Dermorian mother she inherited only the height, and therefore looked extraordinarily small and fragile compared to the Kran.

\"Now, what do you have against Master Dwarf here?\", she asked the Kran warmly, her concentration revealed for a fleeting moment by several wrinkles across her forehead.

\"He is taking me for someone else!\", the Dwarf said with an emphasis, glaring at the Kran. They seemed to have a staring competition. Backing away, Leiraine bumped into Cyl, \"Oh.. gah.. sorry! Would you please enlighten me about what\'s happenning here?\", she whispered to him making the foxy \'you-can\'t-say-no-to-me\" face.

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2005, 12:53:06 am »
\"This vile filth of a Dwarf took an expedition into the caves some years back -one that never returned-. My closest friend was one of those lost to the breezes of ill destiny. He claimed to have the wish to travel to a hidden cavern deep in the bowels of the world.\" Had leaned forward, his great height menacing. \"I never forget a face, Frent. Nor do I forget a deed against my kin\"

He shook his head, trying to ward off the thoughts of violence. There was, after all, a lady present.

\"Forgive my ill tempered words.\"