Author Topic: A story that (hopefully) goes on  (Read 3653 times)

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2005, 11:41:18 am »
*Phinehas smiles at Cyl\'s naivety.*

Oh well, he\'ll learn eventually.

*Glancing out the window, he sees that Cyl is right about it getting dark, and heads slowly out.*

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2005, 12:20:34 pm »
Cyl came to his favourite side street, he dropped down and layed on a hill of hay

\"Pah, I should have guessed that Phinehas wouldn\'t see how he was tricked by not being tricked.\"

Under the slight tickling of rain he fell fast asleep

((OOC:and had a bad nightmare about 1337 guilds rushing into PS))
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2005, 02:40:10 am »
by request;

Arnigus looks with pride over the three carts piled high with provisions, each with its own mount hitched at the fore. A good day of dealing had raised his spirits considerably. He even has some good few coins left. Perhaps I should treat the others to a round of drinks...on that foul dwarf. He chuckles at the idea, but knows that he will give all the spare coin back. Sometimes it didn\'t pay to be so honest...especially as a banker, but he knows no other way to go about matters. He sees Hadarican running down the street towards him, worry painting the Kran\'s face. So he must know about the Guild. Had stops, glancing at the full carts.

\"When I heard about the Guild, I thought...I worried...\" the big Kran says.

\"Nothing to worry about Had, my friend. We have a new prospect for now.\" He goes on to explain the job. Had\'s face gets darker and darker.

\"Frent cannot be trusted, Arn. No further than thieving vagrant in jeweler?s storeroom. He took from me once, and I will not have it again. He brings danger on his back and deceit in his pockets.\"

Arnigus laughs, oh it feels so good to laugh again. \"That is why you are coming with, Had. Roth and Toth also. You are the only ones I trust right now. I know this Frent is up to no good, but his pay is worth a little risk.\"

It is Had\'s turn to laugh out loud, grinning widely. \"Risk? Arnigus, whatever has stolen your wits has also shorn up your courage. Perhaps next you shall be taking up the sword to dash forth and do righteous battle on the forces of impending evil like so many others.\"

Arnigus grins. \"Not on your life. I will leave the cleaving and poetry to you. \'Dash forth and do righteous battle\'? Your eloquence astounds me sometimes. One day you will have to tell me what you wrote about the Octarch\'s wife to get you banished from the Third Level.\"

Had shakes his head with a rueful smile. \"That is a story for another time and another place. The chain of evens that led to this poor soul being cast onto a path not of his choosing was, indeed, a cruel turn of fate. But, it has brought me the company of good friends, so I will not complain. Very well, I will accompany you into the dark, and I will accompany you back. That I promise.\"

Arnigus nods. \"If you have promised, then it shall be done. Come, I need to get these carts back to the tavern before they send out a search party. Speaking of which, have you seen Roth and Toth?\"....

[ooc]warning, the above contains a blatant clue about one of my other \'projects\'. If you do not like blatant clues, or have an unnatural fear of them, you should not read it. If you have accidentally read the blatant clue, or purposefully ingested it, seek out your nearest Sheeple Foundation Treatment Center for allergy information and counseling.

This has been a blatant clue warning broadcast by the Emergency Sheeple Broadcast System?er?um?perhaps this should have gone at the beginning of the post. Oh well, can?t change it now.  (Arnigus is afraid of Edit buttons.) ;)

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2005, 05:17:07 am »
As the azure sun got brighter again, Cyl awoke and shook off the dust on his clothes.

\"bah, I really should look for some nicer place to sleep in.\"

With amazing speed he climbed up the wall besides him, reached a roof and started looking around.

\"Hmm, not a crowdy day, ..\"

Then he saw Arnigus and some carts filled with supplies at the tavern. He made his way towards him, and dropped directly behind him.

\"I guess you didnt expect that to happen, ...\"

((You are Evil Under the moon))
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2005, 03:09:03 am »
[Evil? Really? How so? :evil: Share with the rest of the class. ;) ]

Arnigus jumps with a squeek like a small girl may make, dropping the ledger he had been ticking off points on. It lands in a puddle from last night\'s drizzle, the ink running in crazy streaks. When he lands again, he spins to the source of his morning\'s misfortune.

\"Cyl you....you...disrespectful tramp! Now I have to start all over.\" he lowers his voice to an angry mumble, \"Sneaking up on unsuspecting people.\"

The tavern door bursts open, followed by a flying Roth, who hits the wet street and slides a few feet on his back. Arnigus shakes his head at the twin?s usual entrance. Roth springs to his feet as Toth comes out the door with a huge grin on his face.

Toth, proudly- \"I told yer I could do it.\"

Roth, angrily- \"Ah said ya coun\'t toss meh thur the winna, not the door, ya durn nit. You owe me en ale.\"

Toth, confrentational- \"You wants meh tur try again? I\'ll toss ya thra the wall nex time. Who\'s the nit now?\"

Roth, angerier- \"Don be usin them fancy words on meh, I\'ll poun you a new face.\"

Toth, confused- \"Fancy? What durs that mean?\"

Roth, confusedier- \"Duno. Ink-spot used it on meh. What was we talkin bout?\"

Toth, slyly - \"You was sayin yer owed meh en ale.\"

Roth raises his hand and begins counting his fingers. He counts twice more, apparently losing track of any number past three. Finally, he gives up and shakes his head. \"I guess yer right, Toth.\" They begin heading back into the tavern.

\"Hold up boys!\" Arnigus says loudly, \"You\'ve had enough breakfast. As soon as the others arrive, we will be leaving.\" And that Cyl will be walking in front of me.