Author Topic: Octarch Hopefuls...step forth and stand proud.  (Read 8061 times)

Darkblade

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2005, 08:11:10 pm »
Finally...

Anyways.

IC

Sefron noticed the gestures, the moves, those subtle messages the kran and his friend were messaging...
\"Ah... They know I\'m here...\"

Sefron closed his eyes, and felt...

There\'s.. two... up here... One, watching... They can rest in peace, but the other...

Sefron jerked open his eyes, and flashed a glance across the buildings, his crossbow up and ready...

THERE! he thought.

Nearby, he could see another figure, with a crossbow similar to his...

But there was a difference...
While Sefron \'s arrows were runed, the other had a runed crossbow, one of force...

The figure was aiming at the council...

There was a click...

\"Tsk, tsk, too bad.\"

There was a thud, and the figure jerked suddenly, and fell, crashing into the foilage below, and the bolt it fired missed, which impacted on the wall, cracking it...

Sefron slowly lowered his crossbow, another bolt in place.
He looked amused

\"Always check your surroundings,\" he intoned, as if lecturing a student, \"You never know who will be there...\"

He grinned, and set his attention back to the council, who was sure to know something was up...

\"Lets see about that kran there...\"

He removes a mirror, and starts reflecting the light at the kran. The message was clear, but no-one save the kran could see it...

\"They\'ll know there\'s an.. \"Guardian Angel\" watching over them, soon enough...\"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 08:11:53 pm by Darkblade »
Crazy am I. Not responsable for crazyness that ensues.

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2005, 10:08:40 pm »
Originally posted by buddha
Chief, could you spare a few tria?  It\'s going to be a cold night and I could use a bowl of hot soup...

Monketh tosses buddha a few more tria than expected.
\"Go buy another blanket, and get moving.\"
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2005, 04:51:32 pm »
*from within the chamber Meriner hears a sound  from higher up probably on top of the building or something, something falling most definately. With a frown he looks at Had. Not feeling to safe with all these interuptions and people lurking around Meriner starts to think the next octarch better be good at making sure he or she survives assasination attempts.

He feels at his side where normally one of his sabres hangs, Then realizes what he is doing and cant help smirking.*
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 04:52:04 pm by Pestilence »

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2005, 07:01:08 pm »
Monketh hears a faint noise of small material scuttling down the roof.  Realizing whatever it is must be invisible, and that someone who is not a powerful mage should not be able  to see the person, he bluffs, pointing crossbow towards a likely spot.
\"EY!  YOU UP THERE!  GET OFF THE BLOODY ROOF DAMNIT!\"
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

Darkblade

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2005, 07:19:27 pm »
Sefron puts away the mirror just in time to hear the shouting from the Hydlaa guard captain.

He grinned, and closed his eyes once more...

He\'s aiming in the wrong place, no wonder... The \"invisible\" person is higher up... Who is not invisible at all, it seems, because it is definately not me...

Sefron opened his eyes, the bright light flooding his sight, the council chambers, the buildings nearby...

\"Aim higher, little guard...\" he chuckled, while he traced the runes on his bolts...

EDIT: The end of the council meeting...

Sefron leaned back, cracking his knuckles... This part was over, but his participation was far from it. He still had his duty, which he would complete, no matter what...

He heard a scraping noise, and he wheeled, his crossbow raised, only to see Darkshade, his bow also notched, and aimed back at him.

Sefron broke into a grin
\"Well met, friend, to avoid an assassin\'s awareness...\"

Darkshade allowed a small smile to pass his lips, but he did not do more

\"You still have to cover them, you know... Glyphs are only magic, and they can be surpassed... It has happened a few times before...\" Darkshade spoke softly

His face darkened.
\"Even though those who have these Glyphs on are remarkable in their own way... I\'ve seen things which may seem impossible...\"

He glances at the crowd, and the departing council members

\"You\'d know, after all, you have everything a person would need to overcome those...\"

Sefron noded
\"Those are meer trinkets, not really defense... I fear Armigus may be overexaggerating, or he does not know the true limits of those glyphs...\" Sefron spoke with a heavy tone, one of sorrow...

Sefron removes a couple bolts from his side, entirely crystal bolts, each with an intricate pattern inscribed in them, and each blood-red.
\"These are the things to surpass them. Only a handful have them... Or are willing to use them.\"
Sefron looks at Darkshade, keeping their eyes locked

\"These don\'t just kill, my friend... They obliterate.\"

Darkshade nods once, but slowly
\"I know, the Crythiam legend spoke of the like, but I never believed them...\" Darkshade whispers softly...

\"Make sure that no-one, ever gets the chance to use one, friend... If there is one assassin, and they manage to aquire one of these... By who-knows-how...\" Darkshade cuts off, leaving the sentence hanging.

Sefron nodded, his dark eyes searching the crowd
\"You can count on me, but...\" he trails off, as he looked into the council chamber itself...
\"Keep an eye on the fat one. He\'s trouble... My toe is pricking, and I know that he may have the resources to get one of these... to make sure that he\'ll ascend to become Octarch...\"

Darkshade sat down next to his old friend.
\"He\'s not the only one who may have one, or can get one...\" Darkshade suggested darkly, a whisper of challenge...

Sefron nodded, and walked to the edge
\"The Octarch candidates are safe... for now. But the others are not. I\'ll keep an eye on them all.\"

Sefron disappeared from sight, his agile body moving quickly down, into the streets...

Darkshade blinked once, and scanned the surrounding, before he lifted out a couple of crytal arrows from his side...

He lifted them, one after another, and set them next to his bow...

\"Am-heh... You\'d better not try anything... Or else the Hunter will begin the Hunt\" Darkshade whispered to the wind...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 09:51:40 pm by Darkblade »
Crazy am I. Not responsable for crazyness that ensues.

TheRedMonk

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2005, 06:15:34 am »
*oops* :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 06:15:53 am by TheRedMonk »

buddha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2005, 09:30:32 pm »
Under his new blanket, the beggar keeps warm with a flask of rum.  The news of the candidates stirs hims.

Off by one!  Well, I had the first correct.  Hmm, probably miscalculated Am-heh\'s utility function. Better try next time.

Mulla drifts back into his stupor...
~~
May all your sequences converge.