Author Topic: Octarch Hopefuls...step forth and stand proud.  (Read 8059 times)

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers guild
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2005, 02:25:33 pm »
Lordbug suddently appears in the middle of the crowd and puts his magic mugs in the bag and walks in the direction of Zan\'s voice and waits till he finishes. He looks to Zan and Tybalt and says: I agree with Zan. I can\'t see an Octarch in this young Klyros, but leadership comes with time too. Things like her passion, care for the others aren\'t earned with time, people simply \"are\" like that.

Asks the rest of the people arround him about what happened before he arrived and looks at Am-Heh and feels like taking his magic mugs out of his bag but controls himself {or I would end up presenting myself for Octarch!}
Am-Heh, your attitude will cost you the place for Octarch, in my opinion. Like Miss Tanhren said most people in Yliakum don\'t want some like \"you\" for Octarch. *remembers that Octarch is a job for life and if Am-Heh reaches Octarch (probably cheating) there\'ll be new elections in the same week.*

Walks towards Netrhys to congratulate her for the speech but he thinks it\'s better not aproach her or she might punch him with all the fury she might still have and turns to Tybalt after hearing one of the villagers repeating his speech
Good speech! Although I wouldn\'t like to see lots of fighters in the plaza.
"Lordbug" Dosaki, Chancellor of Knowledge Seekers Guild

Where does the PlaneShift Modding Community live nowadays?

John_Thazer

• Hydlaa Notable
  • From the ivory tower, I gaze upon thee
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Warriors
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2005, 02:39:23 pm »
*Looking at all that is going on John thinks, \"Do those truly hope to become an Octarch? All those children do is fght between themselves.\" Looks at Druke, the Mage, like John, is waiting silently for the screams and shouts to end. Moves closer to him.*

\"So what do yer think of the \"hopefuls\"? The only thought that any of those will become an Octarch makes me shiver. What folly will they commit once they are an Octarch? So few here have a will and a mind to be chosen for such an important role. Children...\"

*Now John turns to Tybalt*

\"Hear, hear!\" *The arguments continue* \"HEAR, HEAR!\" *Few have silenced but not all* \"HEAR, HEAR!\" *Booms John\'s voice. All are silent now* \"Now, it came to my attention that I have been misunderstood here and branded as some kind of a warlord, trying to take control of Hydlaa. Nay, nay! A warlord I am not! Tybalt here talks of a \"private army\". An army?\" *laughs* \"Nay, nay! Even I cannot over strech my resources to gather an army. The days of Xperto are gone, no longer I posses the sheer numbers of Rebirth or The Holy Searing! Our numbers are small, many of us are in distant lands, trying to protect the land from all kinds of Evil. When I say Chaotic Warriors will strengthen the City Watch and found an Arcane Watch, I only mean five or six people shall come. Is that an army? I think not. We can\'t do it all by ourselves! We shall need volunteers from the all people of Hydlaa. All I want is to make life in Hydlaa safe. How can two guards hold the invasion of monsters? But the problem is not only outside but it\'s inside too! Nowadays no citizen can walk through Hydlaa Plaza and not being challenged by some ruffian! This has to be put to an end! Let people duel if they don\'t value their lives but let them not create mass murders on our streets! There is a dedicated place for that - Arena.\"

*Turns to Am-Heh*

\"And what is this? How can yer even hope to come anywhere with those silly promises? I will not allow Hydlaa become a whore city! Mark my words!\"

*To Zan*

\"Yet again I am misunderstood. Always I am seen as some kind of militant fanatic! Ever since the days of Xperto! Speak not of thing you know nothing of. Let me tell yer this, I do not want any power, I want no armies and no wars, all I want is to make the world a safer place. Was is my will, I would settle somewhere quiet and go back to my blacksmith days! I have only came here only because Arnigus Faymore pursaved me to. And if I came I will not leave now!\"

*To Seytra*

\"Good attempt! If only a bit silly one. A great potential I see in you young one! Keep on going! Was I not on this election I would vote for yer!\"

*Now to all*

\"People! It\'s up to yer to decide which one of us shall be honored to become the new Octarch. Many more will come, many more will shout their promises and many more shall cuss each other! Choose wisely! That is all I ask of yer!\"
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 02:03:52 pm by John_Thazer »

You can try, but you shall fail! Seek us not, we shall find you.

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2005, 03:05:15 pm »
*applauds*

Excellent speech and I must say it has eased my worries a bit. However you sound like you are only here on request, I \'m not sure I want a man who is only here because he was asked to be, become Octarch. Then again your speeches sound convincing so I think one of the two isn\'t entirely true.

*steps back and smiles with the satisfaction that brings playing devil\'s advocate forth*
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

John_Thazer

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Warriors
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2005, 03:08:38 pm »
*Looks at Zan and smiles*

\"I did not feel that I could become an Octarch. But when I heard that I was wanted, all my doubts were gone!\"

TheRedMonk

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2005, 03:36:44 pm »
*turns to face Lordbug

It seems that you have misunderstood me, my friend. I do not plan to gather fighters in the Plaza. I wish to take them away from there and use them in the protection of our city.

*listens to John Thazer and smiles

Oh pardon me if I misunderstood your plans for your army. It is just that you said that most of the guards would be members of the Chaotic Warriors, and considering how your numbers are not very large, I did not find the protection you seek to offer to be nearly enough.
Maybe I heard you wrong...

John_Thazer

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Warriors
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2005, 03:47:51 pm »
*to Tybalt*

\"Our men and women walked through many battles, and even one of those is a formidable warrior. But I said I don\'t want an army here... But what I plan is to tarin more guards from the volunteers that wish to help to defend the city. Same applies to Arcane Watch, I only can spare two or three of our mages, the rest  would have to come from outside\" *looks at Druke* \"or train more, but training takes time.\"

Am-Heh

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2005, 06:08:39 pm »
Sending one of his Trolls to each of the present hopefulls with a message .

\"Dear Hopeful
  Backdown from this election for Octarch or your wives will be raped, your children sold into slavery and your pets eaten, you have been warned.\"

After his Trolls returns by his side, Amheh stands. This time swaying a little from all the ale he has consumed while listening to the previous empty promises made by hopeful Thazer.
Throwing a small pebble clipping John in the back of the head
\"Thazer, For the sake of talad, would you listen to what is being said and stop making up any old mumbo jumbo, that ties in with your master plan of having 5-6 fighters guard our city\" Smirks at the though of this..5-6 fighters may keep the rat problem down but little else.

I Will not turn our realm into a police state nor will it be turning  into a pimped state, rest assured.
 So the next person having trouble grasping the concept of how prostitution works go and have a chat with Lordbugs mother or one of the other fine ladies at the tavern and all trade secrets will be revealed, im sure.And realise that at no time have i claimed to incorporate this industry into my polocies.

I do not wish to focus my campaign purly on entertainment for the loins as i have said twice now.These pleasures will be sort after by individuals at their own leisure and accord. By Amusements and entertainment i was refering more to street art, dancing and juggling, street games and festivals.

I want people to know. As Octarch, little will change in or streets to begin with. Meetings will be held on regular dates. The first swiftly following my installement as Octarch.  So that guild heads and individuals from the community may come forth and voice their concerns, ideas and goals for the future.

Many in the crowd facing Amheh nod their heads in accordance, and mutter amongst themselves.
 \"slouching back down on his stoll, he whispers into one of the barmaids ears, letting out a little giggle  the two of them stroll inside the small backroom of the bar...still in earshot but much more comfortable now. Streached out on a ulbernaught rug, which he gave the girl on his last visit..\" At least he knows he\'ll get one vote.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 07:37:13 pm by Am-Heh »

John_Thazer

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Warriors
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2005, 06:19:15 pm »
*to Am-Heh*

\"I see they don\'t call you Devourer of Millions for nothing. How many poor souls have you twisted already? Yet again, I hear my word twisted and corrupted! No and for the last time, I want no armies or police states as you call it! Be warned, your kind  is one I sworn to protect all realms against!\"

*to the crowd*

\"Oh people! Open your eyes and look where one who calls himself Am-Heh leads you to! Corruption and decay is all I see down that path! Vote for anyone but him! For he is even more evil than the Cabal and more treacherous than the Dark Empire!\"
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 06:22:12 pm by John_Thazer »

buddha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2005, 09:50:57 pm »
Mulla performs several quick calculations, the likes of which no beggar should know how to do...

Friends and fellow citizens.  I have to say I am a Thazer man.  A good, strong, moral leader could be just what this city needs.  With strong moral leadership comes industry and power.  That could bring great wealth to our city.  I see stability in the face of John Thazer, as he stares at me from that distant wasteland.  His eyes are firm and steadfast.  Just take a moment to look.  He doesn\'t even blink!

Yes, this is the man who will bring this city back to life.  Put in with him.

Though I may still be swayed otherwise...

Mulla considers reiterating his speech, as noone seems to have heard but the piss-stained fool standing beside him.  Wait, it was his reflection in a pool  of sewage...
~~
May all your sequences converge.

Am-Heh

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2005, 12:53:10 am »
Barely stirring from his comfortable position on the rug Amheh thinks to himself.
\"If these other hopefuls ,have only the likes of this piss-stained fool and robinmagus supporting them, this might be an easier victory than i thought.

John_Thazer

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Warriors
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2005, 02:09:31 am »
*moves through the crowd towards buddha, walks past Am-Heh and gives him a glance of disgust, when John reaches buddha he shakes his hand*

\"So many are too eager to criticize me, yet I am pleased that there are some that understand my concerns. Thank you buddha, thank you. Your words are like another candle in the total darkness.\"

*moves back, passes Am-Heh and his group of trolls again, one of the over excited trolls attempts to throw a stone at John, the stone is caught by John moments before it reaches his face. The stone quickly turns into rubble and dust in John\'s hand. As he opens his hand the wind blows vigoriously and every single grain flies off. John glances at Am-Heh once more.*

\"As the dust you fly into inncents\' eyes and ears blinding and deafening them, you come. But the dust can be washed out...and so can you.\" *quietly says John*

Am-Heh

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2005, 09:19:37 am »
*Now sitting up from the rug, still located in the back room of the bar. Amheh stretches and proceding to yawn, blinks at the site of Thazer walking around out-side the door.
Shaking his head as he watches the small figure being hasseld by one of his newly hired and at the present time drunk trolls.
 Like some sideshow gnome preforming magic tricks better suited for one of the villiages children birthday parties, he continues to watches as john seem to rustle up a wind from no where and blow dust over a couple of  the now dirty and annoyed crowd dwellers beside him.
 Smirking at the amusing site Amheh smiles to himeself and proping himself up with a pillow watchs to see what happens next or if any others hopefuls are going to make them selves known.

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2005, 10:33:23 am »
steps out of a dark corner.

There are only three people I consider voting for,

Druke, Tybalt and John. All three have what it takes to be a good leader.

The others are either psychopaths,

nods towards Am-heh

and inexperienced one.

goes towards Netrhys and ducks to be at the same height

You may have passion. But this is not all that is needed to be a good leader.

moves towards the corner he had come out, but stops midway

I may be called subjecitve, but I will vote for tybalt, who is a personal friend of mine.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 10:37:26 am by Cyl »
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2005, 12:59:29 pm »
*catches Cyl\'s words*

Hmmm .. you know to be honest I don\'t think any single candidate has got what it takes. Of course now I \'ll have to hear how I should run then if I think I can do better.

I won\'t ... but my point remains. All I \'ve seen, no heard is promises. No actions, not even any decent plans to realize those promises. I mean none of these candidates even have as much as a small team to support or back them up. No previous examples or near future plans to show us what they are made of. Only words and in some cases impressive speeches is all we seem to get.

I don\'t know about you all though but I require more than that to be convinced as a voter.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2005, 01:05:05 pm »
Tybalt has me behind him, and phinehas to.
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls