Author Topic: Octarch Hopefuls...step forth and stand proud.  (Read 8058 times)

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2005, 01:58:00 pm »
So do you two help out with Tybalt\'s campaign besides simply voting for him?
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2005, 02:01:27 pm »
I do not intend to help him with his campaign. I rather want to help him after this.

Campaigns are just waste of money for promotional issues.
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers guild
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2005, 02:33:29 pm »
Waits a bit to be less mad and goes in Am-Heh\'s direction and takes out his magic mugs and whispers to Am-Heh
Remember of what I said earlier? Let\'s see if you don\'t appear in the void ;)
Remember\'s of Arngus\' words and controls himself and decides to cast a shield arround him and sends a thought to Arngus \"Is brain disablement allowed? No?\" turns to Am-Heh and whispers to himself: He\'s brain is already messed up, so the spell wouldn\'t make any effect.
Turns to one of Am-Heh\'s trolls and turns him into an apple and talks to Am-Heh while turning his back to him And it\'s all.

Walks towards to Tybalt
Oh, sorry then. I misunderstood what you said.
"Lordbug" Dosaki, Chancellor of Knowledge Seekers Guild

Where does the PlaneShift Modding Community live nowadays?

Monketh

• Veteran
  • aka GovernmentAgent, CorporateAgent
    • View Profile
    • Niihama.ws
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2005, 06:21:36 pm »
I endorse Thazer as candidate for Oligarch.  His sense of justice, provision of additional security, and leadership ability are the best available qualities in the current batch of candidates.
Frankly, I do not believe Tybalt has the proper attitude for the job.
As for Druke, well, Druke is a wizard and wizards can be difficult to oust and tempermental.  His personal forces are too influential.

Amheh is a threat to security on a regional level.  As evidence, he has threatened the families of all running candidates.  This poses a question of eligibility.

{edit: Btw, if I continue with my idea of a Hydlaa Law Enforcement organization until the time when the Oligarch is elected, it will become subservient to the reigning oligarch.}
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 06:25:04 pm by Monketh »
The key to manipulative bargaining is to ask for something twice as big as what you want, then smile and nod when you are talked down to your original wish. You are still young, my apprentice, and have much to learn in the ways of the force. -UtM

Seytra

• Forum Addict
  • No system can compensate lack of common sense.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2005, 06:28:24 pm »
*has been merely listening to what was said to her, feeling increasingly uncomfourtable and angry with herself.*
{They\'re right. I should\'ve kept quiet. I don\'t even know what an Octarch actually does!} *is reminded of Amheh when the lackey delivers the message, instantly feels the anger rise again.* {It\'s a hollow threat... probably.} *tries to calm herself with that thought* {He\'s drunk and stuff... probably making fun of me.} *tries to stay calm and turn away, but fails both*

*mutters more to herself than anyone in particular* It\'s too late. {I\'m probably already on his list of people to kill after his election.} *curses and watches Johns and Lordbugs causal displays of power, not knowing what to make of that, then glances back to the people who still seem to be discussing Amheh\'s recent twists*

Have you already forgotten what he has said? *jumps onto the fountain again, glaring at the crowd, almost screaming now* Is it so easy to distract you from what was said just moments ago? You know how voluntary that \"hiring\" is going to be? He\'ll be taxing the entire level into poverty, leaving you no choice but to \"voluntarily\" do what he tells you to! What else would these \"heavy taxes\" be doing for you, but tax you into slavery? He said it himself! He\'s now trying to distract from what he said, to soothe everyone\'s concerns! *screams* You cannot consider believing his talk about nothing changing! Even if there are meetings, the only thing he\'ll do is laugh at any concern voiced! Heck, he\'ll probably have his lackeys kill the ones who complain! *points to Amheh\'s flunkies, then turns to the building Amheh has entered and shouts* I will not give in to your threats! I will not back down!

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Meriner Seraphim
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2005, 06:33:40 pm »
As Meriner listens to the others speak he feels sevral would make exelent leaders even Amheh seems to have some points, but none seem to have it all as he sees it and soon he stands up and walks in front of the crowd to offer himself as a choice

Name: Meriner Seraphim
Race: Enki
Sex: Male
allignment: Lawfully Neutral

I do not believe in ruling with an iron hand. Nor do I think the people of this city will allow that with the gods setting so many rules already, but I do believe there has to be leadership. Decicions that have to be made and places that need to be kept safe.

I do not believe in killing all that I believe to be evil. Many disagree with what I think is evil and others feel what I do is already over the line. I believe in a place where everyone can life as they please aslong as they don\'t hurt someone else. That they can believe and act as they please aslong as it\'s not to hurt someone else.

If you chose me as your Octarch I swear to uphold the laws and to make sure they are fair, I swear to make things run as smoothly as possible, that everyone enjoys oneself and has a good life in our fair plane and this fair city.

This may be a simple view but I think this is what an octarch should do and if there are enough people who agree with me I will happily accept the burden.

*Meriner steps down again and in his mind is already racing ahead to what this election will bring.*

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2005, 10:28:35 pm »
Selaros [male enki] wades into the mass of people and talks to a few people standing around and listening. He nods a few times at their various remarks, and then has a hushed conversation with Druke before climbing the fountain to address the masses.

\"I\'ve heard that you have some questions about Druke\'s abilities to follow through on his promises. I for one should know, he will do what he said. Those of us who are currently in the Order have already been discussing a method to deal with the water-pollution at Druke\'s request. While the idea we have come up with will require advanced magic and a good bit of planning, we are sure it can be done, given enough time and effort.

As far as expanding education goes, Druke has set several of us at the Order to work on researching education methods. The current goal is to establish several schools. In the beginning, those of us at the Order will hire citizens who we will train in the ways of teaching. Those teachers will help teach others until we are able to open enough schools to educate the masses of Yliakum. Because magic will be used in the construction of most of these schools, start up costs will be relatively low. Another goal is to copy the works currently residing in the libraries of the Arcane Order and other prestigious organizations and distribute them throughout several new public libraries that are planned for construction as well. The Order in general has always been dedicated to the furtherance of knowledge in Yliakum (hence our extensive public library), and the election of Druke to Otarch will only make this goal more easily attainable.

I\'ve also heard that people consider Druke potentially moody and temperamental. There\'s a reason he is head of public relations for the Order. Druke is kind and insightful, but steadfast in accomplishing goals. If elected to Octarch, he will not only solve some of the problems he has proposed, but will also will do his best to accomplish the goals of the people of Yliakum and make the world we inhabit a better place for everyone.\"

Before stepping down from the fountain, Selaros calls out, \"Druke will be fielding questions. So if you have any, feel free to ask away.\"

[ooc] Please PM Druke and/or me with any questions in addition to posting them here as we don\'t always check this thread every day.[/ooc]
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator
In-Game Roleplay Forum Moderator
Please search and skim existing threads before posting!

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2005, 10:59:42 pm »
*Arnigus listens to the words of all, nodding at the points he agrees with, frowning at the points he doesn\'t. Am-Heh still scares the daylights out of him any time he looks at him. But the path has been set, and must be followed, or all would be turned to chaos. That is what his father had said, and it was about time he learned from it.*

You all do yourselves a service, standing for what you believe in. As manager of this election, I must remain neutral in my support. Favoring no one over another. So it must be. I wish you all good luck, and am gladdened that so many show interest in the welfare of our wonderfull world.

[ooc]I am very pleased with all of you. :] You have been doing an excellent job with speeches and staying IC. I aplaude you all.

This seems like a good time to reiterate the plan as it sits. Next weekend, if there are no more than eight Hopefuls, the Hopefuls will form a Council that will decide which two of its members will be put forth as candidates for the next Octarch. It will then go to an in-game and open forum poll as to which of the two is the Octarch. All of this will be announced in new threads at the proper time.

Also, I would like to remind you that this is an unsanctioned election. As such, the position of Octarch will not have the support of the Devs, Mods, Talad, or Admins. In other words, no power at all. *looks back at Monketh\'s post* Well, maybe no power...unless all the guilds fall in behind you. (not likely, but that would be very cool.)

So, as it sits (this time around) we are still RPing the election only. The rest is up to you, PS.

A reminder of the Hopefuls so far (in order) :

Druke Ordo

John_Thazer

TheRedMonk/as Tybalt

Am-Heh

Seytra/as Netrhys Tanhren

Pestilence/as Meriner Seraphim

Good luck to you all!

druke

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2005, 11:01:03 pm »
*Druke\'s eyes boggle for a moment, taking in all the slanderous talk*

*looks over at John*
Let us pray none of these so-called \"Hopefulls\" get elected, for barely any of them has seen a full clestial cycle in our world, they are outlandish and in-experiancd in the workings of this society, OUR society, that we have helped build from the ground up.

I take great pride in our society, telling others on my planar journies ,tales of the land where one can earn his own way from the begining, and not here a bit of flack not earned.

as for being tempremental, i\'m afraid you have mistaken me with AO\'s head of security, Windwalker. i do forgive you.

my how times have changed.....

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2005, 03:51:58 am »
*overhears Druke and looks at his own and Netrhys Tanhrens time here.*

A full celestial cycle? Both of us have seen the age of the hunt for crystals both of us still remember the age when weapons weren\'t used yet.

I am wondering if you really are in touch with the soceity as is and that you aren\'t longing for that what was instead.

This cycle brought new problems and new people. The dreaded \"Player\"is seen comonly and suddenly all are armed and it\'s quite a threatening sitiuation to have a meeting with several people poking you with their weapons.

It is good to have connections that reach long and far back but more importantly do you have a feel of what the society needs now? Can you live with what it is becoming?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 03:53:45 am by Pestilence »

druke

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2005, 03:04:21 pm »
Oh see your viewpoint.

and i see where you misinterpret my intentions.

My aim is not to incarnate the old ways, but to use the fundamental morals of those days, a Hydlaic Renaissance of sorts.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 08:00:26 pm by druke »

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2005, 05:26:17 pm »
Renaissance? An age of change and question of the old values, don\'t really see the resemblance with your plans ;)

As for the values themselves I think they are admirable, but I don\'t think it\'s realistic to think the Octarch can inforce them.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 09:38:42 am by Pestilence »

druke

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2005, 06:12:06 pm »
a Renaissance would be the renewal of old values not the question or change of.

and to your latter comment, \"ba-hum-bug\" to you as well
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 08:00:36 pm by druke »

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2005, 06:32:22 pm »
Jumping atop the fountain again, Selaros called out to the crowd with building momentum and volume, \"Druke wishes only to return us to the days when you could walk the plaza without being accosted by dozens of unkempt and uneducated youngsters challenging you to fight. He only wishes to return us to the days when friendships and camaraderie were the most important values of Hydlaa. He only wishes to make this fair city into an enjoyable place to live and to make it\'s inhabitants happy to live here. Druke will not return us to all the old archaic ways. No, he will return us to the values of old and make all of us proud to call Hydlaa home.\"
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator
In-Game Roleplay Forum Moderator
Please search and skim existing threads before posting!

buddha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2005, 07:09:21 pm »
Mulla toys with a stick and draws figures in the piss-mud at his feet, slowly scratching out 11  letters

R E N A I S S A N C E

I\'m still a Thazer man, though I\'m not sure I\'d drink with him.
~~
May all your sequences converge.