Author Topic: The Official Don't Vote Thread  (Read 3088 times)

Efflixi Aduro

• Veteran
  • O_o
    • View Profile
The Official Don't Vote Thread
« on: May 05, 2005, 01:25:32 am »
*Efflixi stand up in the Middle of the Hydlaa plaza and begins:*

\"People of Hydlaa Hear me out!
All us anarchists and anti-government people out there must stand togeather at this time! We must stop this threat of yet another corrupt Octarch from getting into power! With power comes corruption and power comes through the government! We must stop this threat today! For yet another tyrant has died and another one is already coming into power! We must stand bye eachother and defeat this evil for we can not do this alone! So come my brothers, we shall march on the day of the vote, we will NOT vote, and we will destroy our enemy who supports this evil! And that enemy would be the people who vote for our new tyrant!\"

*Efflixi stand for a second to let the croud take it in and begins again:*

\"How many times have your beloved Octarch\'s rasied your taxes so they can become even more rich! How many times have you seen woman and children get beaten for looking an Octarch in the eye! HOW MANY TIMES, HAS YOUR OCTARCH COME TO YOUR HOUSE, TORN YOUR HUSBANDS AND YOUR CHILDERN FROM THEIR HOMES AND OFF TO WAR TO NEVER BE SEEN OR HEARD FROM AGAIN!\"

*Efflixi slams his fist on the ledge infront of him*

\"Let us end this reign of terror among our people and embrace a new world! A world without corruption or tyrants! On the 17th, do not vote and end this plauge which we have suffered for so many years! Lets us embrace eachother and become one to defeat this evil togeath!\"

*Efflixi raises his fist into the air and cheers on with the roaring croud*

\"And with this, my brothers, I take my leave. You now know the path to our salvation! Embrace it! It\'s yours!\"

*Croud keeps roaring and Effilxi walks off*

Edit: some spelling
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 01:32:19 am by Efflixi Aduro »
Lol Internet

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 01:36:54 am »
*looks at the crowd blindly following Efflixi. Grins ruefully and shakes his head*

And I thought you were against controlling the masses.  :D

Efflixi Aduro

• Veteran
  • O_o
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 01:44:03 am »
Originally posted by Under the moon
*looks at the crowd blindly following Efflixi. Grins ruefully and shakes his head*

And I thought you were against controlling the masses.  :D

I do not lead, I teach. My brethren choose to follow me.

Edit:sp
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 01:45:46 am by Efflixi Aduro »
Lol Internet

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 01:50:25 am »
:D Isn\'t it amusing how anti-government anarchists always turn out to be the best leaders.  ;)

Lead on my friend. We\'ll see where this goes. Should make things interesting too. Every coin has two sides.

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 02:23:33 am »
Do you truly believe you can put an end to power and leadership? You say you teach but what is a teacher if not one who tells others what is their truth?

A true teacher does not lead by shouting out their thruths, no a true teacher leads by asking questions and making their pupils wonder until they can discover their own truth.

I say your anarchy is much like Communism .. only it doesn\'t even work in theory. Us Yliaki need laws, we need order and we need to have someone who is willing to pick up the power to unite us all under one law and one nation. Without a potent leader the levels of Yliakum would shatter and divide. The races would turn against eachother and the entire nation would be broken up into groups. War would follow soon as one group tried to march in on the other \'s territory or steal the other\'s power. Crime would peek as there is no longer a united policing force. To put things short, Yliakum would be reduced to .. what it was sadly. Our previous Octarch never cared much for the people and he wasn\'t much of a leader either because he was chosen by the External Circle of Vigesimi.

But this time it will be different. Now we will have the power to choose our own leader, a leader from the people and for the people. It will be one of us out there and of course corruption will rear it \'s ugly head. But did you know that corruption provides jobs and income to over 20% of Yliakum\'s population? A healthy society needs a darker side to maintain the balance. A large portion of the economy relies on corrupt and \'wrong\' methods to change ownership. I believe a strong Octarch realizes this and that s/he will always be forgiving towards certain trades that aren\'t seen in broad daylight but at the same time puts down strict measurements and will never officially cease to fight them, in order to keep corruption at a reasonable and useful level.

I say yes to one chosen leader and no to anarchy\'s many self claimed positions of power! I say yes to the elections and I will vote!
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Adyna

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 04:31:21 am »
Oh dear now you all have completely confused me and I don\'t know whether to vote or not ?(

Regards,

A very confused Adyna

http://www.pstimes.co.uk
PS Times Discussion Forum click here

Kwip

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 07:53:34 am »
Hmm... anarchy, chaos, madness... sounds fun where do I sign up :D

Though I have to admit some things just do not work well in chaos and this might be one of them.  Besides without the government what would we have to complain about and blame for everything.
Lurking in that space between -             \The\____
 trying to see what is off both ends -        -----\Mad\_____
  but the confusion and chaos looks so fun -     ------\Bard\
   that I must now jump down twixt them both and dance the dance

Sarrow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 09:36:11 am »
Uhm why not make yourself Otarch Efflixi?
There\'s no use in starting a revolution yet while we still have Game Master Mantle breathing down our necks with their galkards pressed at our backs can we?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 09:36:23 am by Sarrow »
Sar-row (say-row)  n.  1. A individual or group that protrays discrimination to current society. See synonyms at Revolutionists

buddha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 10:01:34 am »
Efflixi, I\'d like to offer my services to help enforce the anarchy.  The threat of an elected government looms, and we must organize to prevent such an abomination.  I could be useful in such an arena.

Under The Moon.  Let\'s the coins fall?  Ha! I am only interested in the side of the coin that rubs my pocket lining.
~~
May all your sequences converge.

zinder

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 12:01:09 pm »
Yes, yes. Dont vote. Stay clear away from this election. He is clearly giving a con act, but help him. Help Efflixi Aduro to bring his middle man into the office. Help him to the power he wants. It will only bring us closer.

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 01:10:04 pm »
Supported by a leader of pickpockets and snitches one dares to condemn corruption.

Life sure has its irony, don\'tcha think.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Valbrandr

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 02:06:19 pm »
In case everyone does not know, this is just for the Octarch which is a position with no real power.  This is just meant to be fun for a person who loves rp.  However if it were for a government I wouldnt vote because I love chaos as well :).

*Valbrandr announces the Vote and Die campaign

but thats not till later

Ashamn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 02:41:52 pm »
I say no to elections. Government isnt needed. Not for now..
Draw me not without reason
 Sheath me not without honor
[/I]

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2005, 04:40:39 pm »
Dear citizens! I bit you hear not the words of this rambling madman. He does not know of what he speaks. Only chaos can come forth from his plan of action?or shall I say inaction? If we stand aside now, it will surely cause a  cascade of events that will lead to our destruction.

Warlords will step forth to fill the vacuum of power!

Blood will run in our homes!

*Arnigus leans forward, forgetting his fears in the heat of the moment*

It?will?be?Disaster.

*he says the words slowly, letting each one sink in. Then points a chubby accusing finger at Efflixi*

You Sir, speak of a world without government, but in those same words I see not a new beginning of peace, but a new wave of war and strife. People need structure. They need someone to look too in times of bad fortune. Someone they can lay their hopes and dreams on. You choose to cast us out into the cold -naked and alone- to fend for ourselves in a world full of unknown evils and hidden dangers. But in your world, those evils and dangers would come forth, having nothing to fear. No recourse for their actions.

You think that we would not have a government?and you would be right. We would have a tyranny. The strong would seize power, subjecting the weak.

I say  this is not a continuation of the past, but the start of a new future. So do not stand aside, hoping that good will win though. Step forth, and make it so! If you fear corruption, take a stand, become a Hopeful.

*his words take an ominous tone*

Know this, we will have government one way or another. Will it be one of your choosing?or one that is chosen for you in the crushing grip of a warlord. Your lives, and the lives of your children, rest on this decision. Do not cast it off so lightly.

*Arnigus steps back to the silence of the crowd. But that is what he wanted. Not to rile people?s passions, but to appeal to their sensibilities. Some of the people in the crowd have children with them, and they hold them close at his last words. Some of the mothers shoot Efflixi dark worried looks.*

Efflixi Aduro

• Veteran
  • O_o
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2005, 07:33:22 pm »
Ah you poor souls, if you truly think I am as corrupt as these men who have made you suffer then you are truly the madmen here.

If I wished for power I would be running for the position myself you ignorant fools. I am nothing more than a humble teacher who teaches what he has learnd and learns what he has not. If you call my attempts to liberate your people a an act for power then you and your people shall crumble. If I truly wanted power why would I be arguing against this election. These men will be the death of you all some day.

Much thanks to those who agree with my words. May you live a life with the freedoms we lack here.

But those who are so blinded by this corprate machine to see the truth are truly the ones at a loss here. My Laanx allow your souls to rest when your time comes.

I am no more than a humble man spreading my wisdom of ages but if you do not wish to accept that, so be it. Let your foolish lies lead you to your deaths.
Lol Internet